Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Being Thankful

As Thanksgiving is right around the corner, like tomorrow 'right around the corner', I'd like to take the time to appreciate what I have and appreciate how good my life is. 
  • I'm thankful for my family. My mother, my brothers, all of my extended relatives. I'm blessed with all of these wonderful people in my life. ♥
  • I'm thankful for my friends. I have the three best friends a girl could ever ask for.
  • I'm also thankful for the new friends I've made in college. Tahlia, Crystal, and Rebba; my roommates. Liz, Sam, and Mak; the girls next door. Luke; mutual friend of my roomies. Tiffany; my archaeology buddy. And finally Maddie; my math partner. I love these people, and as I'm still getting to know them, I've become closer with them. (: 
  • I'm thankful for, positively, absolutely, being able to go to college and stay here at CMU. I love it, and I'm so glad I decided to stay.
  • I'm thankful for the unwavering faith in God that my grandparents instilled in me. 
  • I'm thankful for my dogs; they make my days shine just a little bit brighter. 
  • I'm thankful for my intelligence. It's a huge part of who I am, and I'm trying my best to make a 4.0 this semester.
  • I'm thankful for my passion for writing. Without it, I don't know what I'd do.
  • I'm thankful that there is no snow yet. Lol. Michigan has stood strong against the upcoming winter so far.
  • I'm thankful for those seven years in band. I made lifelong friendships, and it was a place where I belonged.
  • And finally, I'm thankful for everyday that I'm still alive. I've lost many loved ones, and now each day with all of the people I love is a blessing.

Although it may not seem like it, but we do take for granted so many things in our lives. From the people in it, to the lessons we've learned. We should be thankful everyday, but since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I hope you are especially thinking about all the blessings in your life and that you spend a few moments to appreciate what you have. Don't spend so much time thinking about what you want when what you need is right beside you, waiting. (: 

I hope you took the time to appreciate your blessings and took the time to be thankful for all the things that make your life good.