Sunday, December 30, 2012

Awry Review: The Archers of Avalon #2

Picking up right where Anew ends, you're immediately pulled back into the story and trying to understand what's happening, just as the characters are. And then you'll be like: WAIT A SECOND. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! 

That's how I felt, especially when the flashbacks start coming, where you'll see a beautiful love story unfolding before your eyes. I was swept up in the characters' journey when they were alive in 1538 and loved seeing how everything happened back then. I hate picking sides in a love triangle, but that's what you have to do, right? I'm pulling for Tristan. Not that Gabriel isn't a great guy, but after reading the second book, my feelings haven't changed toward Tristan (seriously, where can I find one of him?!?!?!) and my heart just melted at his and Scarlet's interactions and conversations. And although I'm hoping for a happy ending for Tristan and Scarlet, I'm also hoping for Gabriel to have a happy ending. I love him, too. And I hope, after this dreaded curse is broken, that he'll finally be able to love. 


And as if the love triangle isn't complicated enough, it gets even worse. Now that Scarlet can "feel" everything that Tristan's feeling, and vice versa, things get heated and people might be shocked at what happens. What I do like about it, is that Scarlet didn't automatically just jump into bed with Tristan (not that she can, since he is essentially killing her) when she discovers an attraction to him in the first book. She doesn't understand this, obviously since her memories have been lost to her. But in most books involving a love triangle, the woman is usually going back and forth between the two men, never deciding, never caring who gets hurt in the way. But not Scarlet. She's levelheaded, careful, and also stubborn. She hates hurting the brothers, and she doesn't give up on them, or her friends. She's still trying to find her identity, and if you're like me, you're really hoping her memories will come back to her soon! 


Wow! What an ending! I actually saw it coming, not what was going to happen, but who Raven was. But I didn't expect what happened to some of the characters. But it was a fantastic ending nonetheless, and now I'm totally going to buy the third book and finish reading it very quickly! 


I loved Awry more than Anew, if that's even possible. I loved the flashbacks, the story-line, the characters. It kept pulling me in, and I could not put it down until I was finished!

1 comment:

  1. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks
    pengobatan untuk sembuhkan gondok beracun

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3