Tuesday, February 26, 2013

#BookwormProbz

I hate having to put down a really good book; it's an annoying occurrence. Especially if it's an amazing book that I just wanna stay up until 5 a.m. to finish. I have an addiction, and it's not like it's a bad one. But when you have homework to do, and an actual book to read for one of your classes, it's a problem. A really big problem. Not to mention not getting a full 8 hours of sleep before I have to wake up at nine in the morning for a 10 a.m. class. No matter what I tell myself, or how many times I berate myself for doing it over and over again, I can't stop. Take last night for instance: I stayed up until 1 reading Under the Never Sky. I bought that, Everneath, Owlet, and Focus for my Kindle yesterday. And it's not like I'm currently reading five other books. I have no restraint when it comes to books, and I have no motivation to do homework when I'm sitting there thinking about this amazing book I have on my Kindle that I just have to read. So tonight, I'm going to put my Kindle away and focus. For real. I just have to keep telling myself that, because I have two tests tomorrow and Spanish workbook pages to do, and an essay to finish. Maybe I'll be able to do it. 
  • Staying up until 1 a.m. on school nights and not even reading the book I'm supposed to for my Literature class. <--Bad idea every single time. I'm pretty sure I failed that quiz today, too. 
  • "I'll just read one more chapter." <--Biggest lie of my life.
  • One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone interrupts me while I'm reading. Death glares will be coming your way. 
  • I probably read 100-200+ books a year. Yeah, I have no life. 
  • I hate having to take a break from reading for menial things like sleep and food. Sometimes it's so not worth placing that bookmark in. 
So that's it. My venting and rambling paragraph of things that no one will probably ever read. Right now I have Spanish homework to do, as I have a test tomorrow! Wish me luck! (:

Leaving y'all with a quote: "She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live." <3