Sunday, February 10, 2013

Book Wishlist

It has been so long since I've made a blog post. I've been extremely busy with school and filling up my days hanging out with my new friends and catching up with old ones. I've been trying to read a lot, but I've only read 8 books so far this year. It wouldn't be so bad if my Goodreads challenge wasn't at 200. I know I can do it, but with all my schoolwork and all the essays that I've been writing, it's been hard to find time to read. 

Books I'm looking forward to reading or ones that I've been wanting to read (in no particular order):


1). Clockwork Princess. Although I haven't yet read Clockwork Prince, I'm hoping to finish that by the time this book is out in stores. I absolutely loved the first one. Right now, I'm on Team Jem. And I'm quite sure my feelings won't change when I read the second book. I don't know why, but Will is just not appealing to me (which is extremely weird, because I'm always partial to the bad boys in books). I just don't like his character. And who knows? Maybe that too will change after I read Clockwork Prince.


2). The Selkie Sorceress. I came across author Sophie Moss on Twitter one random day, only because I liked a tweet that she had sent out about OUAT (Once Upon a Time). I ended up checking out her blog and her first book, The Selkie Spell, caught my eye. But I couldn't read it because I didn't have a Kindle at the time. So when I got one for Christmas, I immediately bought her first book and fell in love with her characters and story. The second book was really great too, and I can't wait to read the final book in the series. Sophie Moss has finally finished editing her third book! She said that she'll do a cover reveal and big announcement of the release date on St. Patrick's Day.


3). Insurgent. I finally used one of my gift cards from Christmas and bought Divergent (mostly because Walmart didn't have Clockwork Prince). But I'm really glad I got it, because I finished it in less than three days. I loved the story, the setting, the characters, the plot. I love Four; he's amazing. :) It was fresh, new, and fan-freaking-tastic. I can't wait to read Insurgent. Then I'll be like the rest, anxiously awaiting news on the third and final installment in the series. 


4). Everbound. I read the first one, Everneath, in less than two days. The story was really good, and I loved the characters. Nikki is a strong female lead. Then you have the sweet Jack and insufferable Cole. I think there's more to Cole than meets the eye, so I'm kind of on his team. But I really think that Jack and Nikki will stick together. :) 


5). Cinder. Modern day, futuristic fairy tale that features someone like Snow White? I'm in. I love the description (although I'm not a huge fan of sci-fy and cyborgs). Just like many of these books on my list, I've heard great things about Cinder. And now Scarlet is out and people are saying that book 2 is just as good. This is definitely at the top of my TBR list. 


8). Safe Haven. I love Nicholas Sparks' books. He's got a way of writing that pulls me in and pulls at my heartstrings. I cannot wait to see the movie (I looooove Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough!). But I really want to read the book before I watch the movie, because it's rare for a movie to be better than a book (especially if you're a bookworm like me). 


9). City of Bones. It seems to me that people who read The Mortal Instruments series first didn't like Infernal Devices. I really wanted to read the historical one first, and so I pushed this one back. But now that this movie is coming out in August, I really want to read TMI. I think I'll still love it as much as Infernal Devices, but only because I didn't read it first. People's opinions about these two series, to me, seems to rest on which one they read first. But I can't wait to see the movie; it looks so good! 


10). Sweet Evil. Sweet Peril is going to be out soon, and I still haven't read the first book in the series. I've been wanting to read this one ever since I checked it out on Amazon. I've heard so many good things about it, and it has a lot of four and five star reviews on Amazon. 


11). Found. Oh, I love this series so much! The Pterons are amazing! I love Levi, but after reading more about Jared, I think I've come to love him more. Don't let that fool you; this is NOT a love triangle. I just love one of the secondary boys more than Levi. ;) I cannot wait for this book! I just want more and more of The Society!


12). Any book that Chelsea Fine is going to come out with in 2013. I absolutely love Chelsea Fine. Her books are amazing. Her Archers of Avalon trilogy is one of the best series I've ever read. I love Tristan Archer. <3 I can't wait for more from Chelsea. She keeps posting excerpts on her blog, and it's driving me insane! I love her style of writing and how she pulls me in from the very beginning. She's going to be big one day, mark my words. 


13). The Selection. Again, I feel like I'm just going to be repeating myself. I've heard a lot about this book, from other blogs and Goodreads. It sounds like something I'll really enjoy, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of it.


14). Splintered. To be perfectly honest, Alice in Wonderland was never really one of my favorite Disney movies. I think the cartoon might have creeped me out when I was little. But this book, a retelling/modern day story about Alice in Wonderland sounds intriguing.