Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Weekend Rundown

TODAY IS MY 20TH BIRTHDAY!!! :D :D 

According to my best friend, that means that 1/4 of my life is already over. Yeah, she's a little morbid. And she's also three months older than me, so she'll die first. Just kidding, I never want to think about my best friend and death in the same sentence. 


Anywhoooooo, I had a nice and lovely time at Olive Garden with my mom, brothers, Aunt Jo, and cousin Max. Max and I are three days and one year apart. Haha, his birthday is on the 6th, so we've celebrated together quite a few years when we were little. My aunt showed me at timeline of those birthdays together on Facebook. Cutest thing ever. It was the best time. This was also the first time my older brother bought me a card just by himself, a sister card. And I wanted to cry, because it was so unlike him, and I really love my brothers a lot. They are my best friends, tormentors, shoulders to lean and cry on, and I couldn't imagine my life without them. 


Then my mom, little brother, and I went to Schuler's Books & Movies. It's like my favorite bookstore ever. Because it's over an hour away, it's really rare when I get to go, so I enjoy it so much more. It was really hard to choose between so many books that I've been wanting. But I did it. 



I bought The Archived, Let the Sky Fall, and Fracture (because that one was used and cheaper). And normally I don't like hardcovers, but the first two are only in hardcover, and I really wanted to read them.

I can't wait to dive into these! :) :) 

Today also concludes my last day of Spring Break. I'm very torn about going back to the dorms. I wanna see my friends and hang out with them, but I also want a little bit more of a break from my classes. This semester is pretty hard. Well, it's not that it's hard, it's just a lot of homework and essays to write. I have two essays to finish before Monday's classes start up again, a book to read (ha. ha. Having books that I actually want to read is not helping me finish Invisible Man) and I have a test on Tuesday. Yeah.. I'm so not looking forward to school on Monday. 

Other than my birthday, this spring break has been pretty boring. Buuuut, I've had a lot of time to keep up with my in-my-possession bookshelf on Goodreads. I have so many books on there, but I haven't had a chance to read them. My Goodreads challenge is currently 13 of 200. It's pretty sad, considering it's been almost three months. I should have way more than that done. But like I said, this semester has sucked and I've had hardly any free time. And when I did, I hung out with my new friends. Honestly, hanging out with them has been better than reading. It's a nice change. Because when I'm home, all I do is sit in my room and read and play on my laptop. I'm branching out more, and I like it. 

Soooo, to wrap it up, I'm just going to say: I don't care if this gets read or not. Just the act of writing, to me, is the best kind of therapy. I just love to write. 

Now I'm going to enjoy the rest of the day and think about what I need to pack up for the dorms. Maybe I'll even start one of those new books I just bought. :)
♥♥