This is bittersweet. Never did I expect to make lifelong friends, nor did I expect that my freshman year would be this good. I'm lucky; I'm truly blessed to be friends with these wonderful people.
- Crystal: one of my roommates, and one of the sweetest people I know. Before I moved in, we'd spent a day texting each other and just asking random questions. I knew then that we'd get along swell, as we had a lot in common. Now, she's one of my closest friends, and I'm so excited that we are gonna be roomies again next year. :)
- Liz: this girl takes the top of the weirdest people I know, but she's amazing. One of the sweetest and nicest people, always the mama figure of our little group. I think it was having the same Spanish class that really brought us together, and then when we started the JS (Juanes Society). :P I'm so glad I'm sharing a room with her next year. We're gonna create our own book nook and have book talks all year long. <3
- Sammi: my Copper, my hound, and one of my very good friends. We're so alike, it's pretty crazy. We didn't really become close until about a month ago, and it's really funny that we've never realized how much of the same person we are. Ever since we watched Fox and the Hound together and became the two main characters, we've grown closer and closer. I wish she were rooming with Crystal, Liz, and I next year, but I'm definitely going to see her a lot this summer. I can't go very long without hanging out with Sam. :)
- Luke: my first very real guy friend. I've always had my brothers and my cousins, but I've never actually been good friends with a guy. He's seriously the nicest person I've ever met, and it's been an adjustment for me to start telling him more about me than my own brothers (whom I love, but don't see very much of anymore). He's a really great friend, and I'm so glad he and his friend, Borja, will be rooming in the dorms next to ours next year.
- Tahlia: my other roommate. Although we're not very close and we don't talk all that much unless we're in a group, she's a great person. I'm glad she's gonna be coming back to CMU next year, so we can see her more.
- Brady: this guy was brought into our group of friends when he started dating Liz. He's also a friend, although we're not very close. I'm sure that'll change, as these two are the cutest couple and will be together for a long time. It's hilarious when he gets jealous, and when he says things because he's a little socially awkward. But he's a nice guy, and also very fun to hang out with, especially when watching scary movies.
I don't know how I've survived this long without these six people in my life. I don't know where I'd be today without having met them and become friends with them. We're gonna be friends for a long, long time. And I'm so truly blessed that my freshman year has been this amazing.
We are The Villagers.