Saturday, April 20, 2013

Goodreads and Self-Published Author, Carol Underhill

First of all, I love Goodreads. I don't know how I've ever survived without having those shelves to organize my books and all my lists. I also love how it freely promotes and helps authors get their work out there. Because I know hard it is for self-publishing authors to get their books more popularity. It's hard to make it as a writer in this day and age, where technology is taking over. 

I'd also like to take this time to welcome Carol Underhill, author of the Legacy of Courage Series, to Goodreads! She's slowly using more technology to put her books out there. Her website, http://www.sunsetskypublishing.com/, is finally up and running. Right now her books are only in paperback, and she is currently working on making them available for Kindle owners. As soon as there is news about Amazon selling them, and news of how you can purchase a paperback on her website, I will share it with you. 


Since I don't have much information for you regarding the purchase of the books, please consider adding her books to your Goodreads list. Right now only Courage to Hope is on there, and as soon as I (because I'm so challenged at figuring things out! :P) find out how to put the ISBN numbers on there when I add them, the next two books will be up. 









I will also do an author exclusive and do a cover reveal for book #4, Courage to Forgive, when those books are ready for print. 


Oh, and Carol is my mother, which is why I'm so stoked on helping her with her publishing journey! She's an amazing woman, author, and mother, and I can't wait to share her books with the rest of the world! I'm going to do everything I can to capture more fans! :) 


Side-note: I know that there are many questions unanswered, and that the fact that there's no way to purchase these right now is discouraging to many avid readers. If you are interested in these books, please comment on this post and let me know, or just stop by to say hello. Whatever you want to do is okay by me! I love meeting new people, and I love it when I recommend a book to someone who ends up loving it. If you take the time to read this and look up the books, I will be forever grateful. I'm not asking you to purchase the books or even add them to your to-read list. But whatever you do, even if it's something as small as taking the time to read this lonely post, is encouraging and helpful. And it is so very, very appreciated!