Friday, May 3, 2013

Don't Wait For the Storm to Pass

Rating: 5/5 stars! 

I loved Storm a lot! I love books about the elements and supernatural powers. Throw in five hot guys and one awesome heroine, and you've got a recipe for greatness. 

One of my favorites!

These Merrick brothers are awesome! They each control one of the elements: water, earth, fire, and air. I loved their interactions and the way Kemmerer wrote them as a family. It was nice to see that mix of blood, bond, and brotherhood. I think, their conversations, were most of my favorite parts in the book, especially the ones with Gabriel and his cocky attitude. He's definitely my favorite Merrick brother. I can't wait to read his story, Spark. (Hoping to buy it on Amazon and finish it in time for the read-along). 

I really don't have any complaints about this book, aside from a few parts that seemed to drag, or parts that seemed slow. I loved the intriguing and inventive story-line. The characters were all great, from the four brothers to the sweet romance. Although it was a love triangle, the book didn't center around that; in fact, it never really centered on the romantic relationships. There was drama, loads of it, but I didn't feel suffocated by that high school drama. Sometimes it's a little grating and overdone, but that was not the case here. All the characters played huge roles in the book, and I can't wait to keep reading about them throughout the series.


I want more of these Merrick boys! <3

1 comment:

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3