Sunday, May 12, 2013

Showcase Sunday #1

Showcase Sunday is a featured weekly event hosted by Books, Biscuits, and Tea. Any blogger can participate by showcasing what books they received during the week--whether they were bought, downloaded, borrowed, or won.

In my haul this week:

Paperback:

  • This week I bought Spark! This second book in the Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer features Gabriel Merrick, the hotheaded and temperamental twin. He's the one who controls fire, appropriate for him ;). He's also my favorite Merrick. 
  • I also got Courage to Forgive this weekend! My mom, Carol Underhill, got her box of paperbacks for her fourth book. I'm so excited to reread it and review it. 

Goodreads                     Goodreads     
Kindle:
I love my Kindle, a lot, although having a paperback in my hands is one of the best feelings in the world. I'm always checking for sales and freebies on Kindle, and I found three that I've been wanting to read for some time now and a couple other freebies that looked really good.

  • Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand. I've been wanting to read this series for awhile now, and I just couldn't pass up the sale on it! It will be some time before I get to it, as I have NetGalley reviews to do. 
  • Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens. This one was a freebie, and I'd been wanting to try one of her books. 
  • Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1) by Michelle Madow. Again, another book I've been wanting. And again, it was free! 
  • Collide (Collide, #1) by Shelly Crane. Freebie. 
  • Everblue (Mer Tales, #1) by Brenda Pandos. Freebie.
  • Disconnect (Divided Worlds, #1) by Imran Siddiq. Saw this freebie on another Showcase Sunday post. Had to get it.

NetGalley: 
I finally signed up for NetGalley! And boy, I feel like I've missed out on so many great books! This was probably a bad idea, considering I have way too many books and so little time to read them. But I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to read these. :)

  • Untraceable (Nature of Grace, #1) S.R. Johannes. 
  • Spirit (Elemental #3) by Brigid Kemmerer. 
  • The Bane (The Eden Trilogy, #1) by Keary Taylor.