Sunday, May 19, 2013

Showcase Sunday #2

Showcase Sunday is a featured weekly event hosted by Books, Biscuits, and TeaAny blogger can participate by showcasing what books they received during the week--whether they were bought, downloaded, borrowed, or won.

I got a lot this week! Mostly it's because I haven't been to the library in months, and I didn't realize how many books they had that have been at the top of my TBR list for so long. And I also requested a lot on NetGalley, thinking that I wouldn't be approved of some of them. I've got a lot of books to get through in the next couple of weeks!


In my haul this week:


Bought: 

  • Slammed by Colleen Hoover. 

Kinde:
  • The Disappearing Girl by Heather Topham Wood. A copy of this book was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. 
  • Translation of Love by Alice Montalvo-Tribue. Amazon freebie. 
  • Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire. I won my choice of book with a favorite book boyfriend, and I chose Travis Maddox! A special thanks to the lovely ladies over at A Bookish Escape for the great giveaway!
  • Kiss of Fire (Imdalind #1) by Rebecca L. Ethington. Amazon freebie. 
  • Sapphire Universe (The Universe #1) by Devon Herrera. Amazon freebie.
  • Blurred (Kiss of Death #2) by Tara Fuller. An arc was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. 
  • Reckless Abandon (November Blue #2) by Andrea Randall. Amazon freebie. 
  • Until I Break by M. Leighton. I wanted to grab a copy of this before the author pulled the plug on the book. Apparently many people were hating and she just didn't want to keep it up just to make a profit.


NetGalley:
  • Gated by Amy Christine Parker. I never heard of this until NetGalley. Reading the synopsis got me intrigued. 
  • Runes by Ednah Walters. I love books about mythology, so hopefully I'll like this one!
  • Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover. YES. :)
  • Eyes Ever to the Sky (The Sky Trilogy) by Katie French.
  • Secret for a Song by S.K. Falls and Adriana Ryan. 

Library: 
  • Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. I'M SO HAPPY. :D
  • Splintered by A.G. Howard. 
  • Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi. 

26 comments:

  1. Lovely haul, I'd love to get Splintered as well, looks amazing! :)

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Splintered yet, but I can't wait to!

      Delete
  2. Great haul, I have had Beautiful Disaster for ages now and I still haven't gotten around to reading it. I hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started that one, and I probably won't for awhile. But I've heard a lot of good things about that series.

      Delete
  3. I've had Through The Ever Night on my TBR pile for a couple of weeks - I can't wait to start reading it! Great haul - I love it when Netgalley comes through with okayed requests! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So have I! I haven't gotten to it yet, though. I probably should stop requesting from NetGalley for awhile. :P

      Delete
  4. Hahah blimey so many books!! :) I hope you enjoy all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The library, kindle freebies and NetGalley - all dangerous places! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very dangerous places. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. You have got so many books i love! I also got Until I Break this week :)

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted that one before the author pulled it. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  7. Slammed looks good, Hope you enjoy, Brandi’s mailbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Slammed! I finished it in one sitting.
      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  8. Awesome haul this week. I got Gated also it sounds really great. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read that one. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, lotsa books! How I wish we do have a public library that will allow us to take home books, too. Libraries here only allows books to be read inside the library and most of the books were textbooks / books to be used in school.

    I really want to read "Beautiful Disaster." Been reading a lot of raves about that.

    Thanks for hopping by my blog and for following me thru GFC. I have followed your blog as well.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I wish you had a library where you could borrow books. I've been using ours since I was a kid, and it's partly why I love reading so much.

      :)

      Delete
  10. Splintered sounds really interesting. I love reading retelligns of classic books but I haven't picked that one up yet. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be the next one I read! I can't wait.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful Disaster is supposed to be really good! :) I haven't read it yet but heard great things about it from fellow bloggers. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting this wonderful event every Sunday! :)

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful haul! I can't wait to read Splintered :)
    Steph @ Cover2CoverBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it either. I haven't been able to get to it yet.

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  13. Slammed, Point of Retreat, Beautiful Disaster were all awesome. I loved Until I Break, I've never read anything like it before, but I love M. Leighton and I thought she did this very well. I just finished Runes and it was really good to. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Slammed in one sitting, and I can't wait to get into Point of Retreat.

      :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3