Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Summer '13 Rundown

I've decided to start doing summer rundowns every few weeks or so. It's been almost two weeks since I've been out of school, and I've literally done nothing but read and hang out with family. It's not really bad, yet I haven't started job applications (kill me now) or cleaned my room. It's a mess. My life is a mess. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Thursday, I'm headed up to Alma to go see my friend, Sam. I'm so excited, because I haven't seen her since we all moved out of the dorms. I didn't think I'd miss my college friends this much, or that I'd need to text them almost every single day. They really are some of my best friends, and I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't met them all. I was so very nervous moving in, worried that I wouldn't make friends and that I'd be eating lunch and dinner alone a lot. But that was not the case; I feel so lucky to have made the friendships I have. My freshman year was amazing!

On May 29th, I'll be heading up to Mackinac! I love the UP! It's one of my favorite vacation spots, and my friends and I are heading to the island on that Sunday. I'm ecstatic; it's been way too long since I've been up north!

Right now I'm reading Arouse by Nina Lane. She's made a challenge, for everyone to find as many references they can to Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz, among other things like themes from Gone with the Wind. I love a good challenge! It's a really good book; at first, I figured it was gonna be about their sexual relationship and that the book would probably be about 80% sex. But the relationship between Dean and Liv feels so real; emotionally, physically, and intimately. I can't wait to find out more about them, because I'm only 20% into the book. :)

About a week ago, I posted my highly anticipated books of summer list, but now it's growing. There are more that I need to add, so I'll do it here. 

5. The Human (The Eden Trilogy #2) by Keary Taylor. While the first book wasn't my favorite, I'd like to continue the series. What I hated in The Bane was the love triangle, and that's it. Hopefully, the story will get better! 
    Expected release date: June 18th, 2013.

4. Never Say Goodbye (Never Say Goodbye #1) by Bethan Cooper. This one looks really good! There are very few ratings on Goodreads, but there's only one 2-star; the rest are four and five stars.
    Expected release date: July 20th, 2013.

3. Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton. I really wish I would've been approved to read this on NetGalley, because it sounds amazing! I don't think I'll try to request it again, but I can't wait for it to be released. 
    Expected release date: July 8th, 2013. 

2. Untitled (Shattered Hearts #3) by Cassia Leo. I just finished Relentless, book one, and I loved it! It's got a love triangle, but I find myself not caring about that. I seriously need to get my hands on a copy of Pieces of You!
    Expected release date: August 30th, 2013. 

1. Branded (A Sinners Series #1) by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki. This is their debut novel, and it looks amazing! The authors let people check out the first chapter, and I was hooked from the first page. I can't wait to read this!
    Expected release date: June 28th, 2013.

So that's it. Really, my summer has just been boring and lazy. I've been catching up on my TBR pile, both from my paperbacks and my Kindle. I still haven't sorted through my numerous book piles yet. I'm scared to, because I know I'll have to get rid of a lot of them. Well, not that I have to. I want to. There are many that I've read and didn't like, others that I've never read and am quite positive never will. I need to get organized and get my life on track before I waste anymore of my precious summertime. :)