Thursday, May 23, 2013

Swoon Thursday #1

This is my first time participating in Swoon Thursday, a weekly event hosted by YA Bound. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you swoon. :) Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the button below and share it on your blog. 

And I'm so excited, and honestly shocked that I haven't participated yet. I've discovered so many new book boyfriends since the new year has started, and I'm sure I'll find even more as I continue to decrease my TBR pile. Seriously, I need more time in the day for all the books I want to read. 

This week, I've been swooning over Professor Dean West of Arouse (Spiral of Bliss, #1).
Add to Goodreads
"One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me," he said. 
And he did.
Struggling with a tormented past, undergraduate Olivia Winter once led a practical but isolated life. Then she met Professor Dean West, a brilliant scholar of medieval history who melted Liv's inhibitions and taught her the meaning of both love and erotic pleasure. But after three years of a blissful, lusty marriage, Liv and Dean now face a crisis that threatens everything they believe about each other...and sex might not be enough to save them."




I'm not the type who usually goes for the studious professors, the quiet bookish types (Yes, I know I'm a bookworm, and that it's unusual for me to feel that way, :P). But he surprised me in so many wonderful ways. I loved his unfailing love and devotion to his wife, even when they were going through a rough patch. He never wanted to lose her or give up on their marriage.  I absolutely loved their passion for each other, and the emotional connection that tied them together. It was beautiful to see them working things out and sticking together. 

"Come here, beauty. You need to be kissed."

"Because I'll slay monsters for you."

"Why are you waiting for me?" -Liv
"Because you're worth it." -Dean 

Love, just.. love. <3


What books made you swoon this week? What books made you weak in the knees and gave you heart palpitations? Any new book boyfriends? ;)

14 comments:

  1. What a treat to read such a passionate romance between a married couple. Great choice!

    Even if the clothes are staying on, things are heating up with

    my Swoon Thursday selections

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that is so nice! I hope you enjoyed this book! It sounds good - and the cover, HOT! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Swoon Holly!!! Welcome to Swoon Thursdays :) I look forward to reading all of your future Swoons ;) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your first Swoon Thursday! They are my favorite meme of the week! :D And I definitely need to check this book out!

    Thanks for stopping by my swoon!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the meme! This is probably my favorite meme! Love the swoons!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey newbie!! Welcome!! Great swoons, definitely piqued my interest!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice swoon! So glad you liked the book.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sweet swoon! love it! Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    New bloglovin & twitter follower :D

    Brenna @ Two-Tall-Tales

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Swoon Thursdays & nice pick for your first one!! This is most definitely the best meme - I think I've found more new books to read here than anywhere else!!

    Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to Swoon Thursdays :D! I am also recently new to this meme, and it is one of my favorite memes. I loved your swoon and I think I need to go buy this book!

    Thanks for stopping by :D!
    My Swoon: http://kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/05/swoon-thursday-2-safe-word-by-teresa.html?showComment=1369363709473#c5984151446822613712

    ReplyDelete
  11. Y'all are incredibly nice! Thank you so much for checking out my blog and commenting. I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the Swoons. Yay now I have more Swoons to look forward to reading!!
    Thanks for visiting my Swoon:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great swoons!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3