Thursday, May 30, 2013

Swoon Thursday #2

Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA BoundFrom the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you swoon. :) Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the button below and share it on your blog. 

This week I was swooning over Cash from Blurred. Honorable mentions include Morpheus from Splintered (I'm totally on his team) and Nathan from Grasping at Eternity (I loved the book, but there wasn't much romance or swoony scenes). 


Add to Goodreads
Cash is haunted by things. Hungry, hollow things. They only leave him alone when Anaya, Heaven’s beautiful reaper, is around. Cash has always been good with girls, but Anaya isn’t like the others. She’s dead. And with his deteriorating health, Cash might soon be as well.

Anaya never breaks the rules, but the night of the fire she recognized part of Cash’s soul—and doomed him to something worse than death. Cash’s soul now resides in an expired body, making him a shadow walker—a rare, coveted being that can walk between worlds. A being creatures of the underworld would do anything to get their hands on.

The lines between life and death are blurring, and Anaya and Cash find themselves falling helplessly over the edge. Trapped in a world where the living don’t belong, can Cash make it out alive?



Anaya pressed her forehead to mine and our breaths
clashed in the one inch of space between our mouths. It
took everything in me not to kiss her.

“You even taste like sunshine,” I whispered against her
lips, pushing the white strap of her dress down her shoulder.


My lips didn't need any help finding hers. They knew the
way there, as if it was a well-worn path to home. Alive, dead, in Heaven or Hell, Anaya was home. She was everything. I wrapped my arms around her tighter, my palm finding the small of her back. She opened her mouth under mine and I groaned, pushing her back onto the bed. Anaya’s arms wrapped around my bare back and my hands slid up her sides, wanting to feel something other than the cotton dress covering her.

So, what books had you swooning this week? :)

16 comments:

  1. I've heard so many great things about Tara Fuller and her books! I have Inbetween, but I didn't bother requesting this one, because I haven't read Inbetween! But I aim to, over the summer. I love the swoon you chose! Thanks for making it extra long :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I loved Inbetween, Blurred was even more amazing! It's a great series. :)

      Delete
  2. Love how the cover matched the visual of the swoon - HOT!

    Check out my 3 swoons

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book on my TBR list! After reading your swoon, Im so ready to read this book! Smexy swoon Holly! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) New GFC follower!

    My swoon Playing Patience
    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/ya-bound-swoonthursday-playing-patience.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy swoon I need to get my hands on this book asap! Ugh I wish my bookstore was helpful but online shopping here I come. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! Happy Reading!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly! I love your Swoon! I have part 1 of this series on my e-reader, and have heard so many great things about it!!! I can't wait to read this series :) Thanks for sharing!!!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! I've seen these books around, but haven't gotten to them yet. If I had of known there were swoony scenes like that I might have gotten to them sooner!!!

    Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I'm like so jealous now. I WANT THIS BOOK!!! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    My Swoon from A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for featuring Blurred for your swoon post, Holly! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I love your series. I can't wait for more of these reapers. :)

      Delete
  9. Oooh! I definitely need to start this series!! I've heard great things about Tara's books!

    Thanks for stopping by my swoon!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm.... lovin the hands wanting to touch everywhere!!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes what a swoon! I need to get this series to read! Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG love that! I am starting this one soon and I cant wait! Thanks for stopping by my swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great swoon! I haven't read these yet, but they look good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3