Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bye, Bye GFC

If you haven't already heard, Google Friend Connect will be discontinued soon. I've heard from others that it'll be gone on July 1st, which might not give us enough time to warn our fellow followers and faithful readers. So, we'll need to find other ways to follow our favorite blogs!

Here are a few ways to follow my blog, Part of that World! 

Bloglovin:
Attention followers! If you follow ME via Google Friend Connect only, please click on the right sidebar to follow me via Bloglovin. It's now the primary way to follow my blog. And it's actually a greater way to see your favorite blogs and read new posts by them. It's more efficient than GFC, too. :)

If you need help on how to import the blogs that you follow via GFC to Bloglovin, click here: http://www.auggie-talk.blogspot.com/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday.html. This wonderful blogger has put together some very helpful links that'll show you how easy it is to import your blogs to Bloglovin. The link I used from the above one that showed me how to do this: http://missdriftedsnowwhite.com/savvy-blogging/blogging-tips-bloglovin-as-google-friend-connect-replacement-alternative.html. Seriously, it's so easy and it only takes a few minutes. Without doing this, you may lose all of your favorite blogs. 

Twitter:
Honestly, I don't use my Twitter that much. I use it a lot for giveaways and just talking about the books I've read. But it is the only way besides Bloglovin where you can follow Part of that World. :)
***

Fellow bloggers, don't forget to warn your readers! YOUR readers may lose your blog, if they don't know about this. If you don't want to lose them, make sure they know that they'll need to follow your blog through other ways. Or else, they won't get any updates or new blog posts from you. 

2 comments:

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3