Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Release Day of Never Can Tell: Ty and Never's Story Continues

FINALLY! The day is here for the Never Can Tell release! 
Add to Goodreads
Buy on Amazon
This book is starting out a new series from C.M. Stunich, but it continues Ty and Never's story. Read a sampler chapter here. Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how excited I am to read this book! Check out my reviews of the whole series below and decide if these books are something you'd enjoy. I promise you, there are no spoilers. :)

***

C.M. Stunich's Never Say Never series is probably one of my favorites of all-time! So incredibly addicting, emotionally riveting, and heart-achingly beautiful. It surprised me, made me laugh, and made me cry. I never wanted the series to end.


My review of Tasting Never:
This book is different from what I'm used to reading, so I was a little worried going into it. But it had me from page one, and I couldn't put it down. Something about tortured souls and broken spirits hooks me and doesn't let go. I was rooting for the two main characters so badly, wanting them to find happiness amidst their dark and terrible lives. They were like ordinary people, with troubled pasts and problems. Together, they found the light within their dark lives and the brokenness was healing. It was such a sweet, and sometimes frustrating, love story. But it felt so real, and that's what made me love it so much. It reminded me that life's not perfect and that people screw up. But everyone can change and find what truly matters to them. It left me wanting more. I can't wait to read Finding Never. :)

My review of Finding Never:
This book is the kind of book that challenges you, makes you see the world in a different light, makes you want to save all the tortured, wounded souls. It pulls you in; hook, line, and sinker. And it doesn't let go until it takes you on a rollercoaster ride and tears your heart into pieces. I'm sure if I hadn't read most of this book while in the same room with other people, I'd have been bawling my eyes out repeatedly. This trilogy has surprised me in the most beautiful way. These aren't the kind of books I normally read, but now I'm addicted to these messed up, fairytale worthy love stories. They are gripping, raw, and oh, so real. They are emotionally charged stories that I can't get enough of and wanna keep reading although my heart is still a mess. These two characters are jaded and broken, but they are absolutely perfect for each other. I need to read Keeping Never, as soon as possible! 

My review of Keeping Never: 
Keeping Never picks up right where Finding Never leaves off. Ty and Never have just dug into Never's closet and cleaned out the skeletons and cobwebs. She's with her family, Ty is by her side, and she's exactly where she's supposed to be. Home. A word that hasn't been in her vocabulary in a long time. 

But, as is normal for Ty and Never's relationship, things never go as planned. They may have just dealt with Never's past, but they haven't begun to unlock this bad boy's pain and anguish, the secrets that he's kept buried for a long time. One phone call sends Ty spiraling back into that dark abyss that threatens to swallow him up for good. Without Never, he never would have found the light and worked his way past the torment of his childhood. What little childhood he had. 

As Ty opens up to Never, shares his past and his pain, he begins to finally let it go. He can only do that if he finds the strength to lock it away forever and move on. It was so hard to read about his childhood, about his brokenness and scars, because it felt so real. Their whole relationship, from the beginning to the end, felt real. It wasn't perfect; it was hard, and emotionally exhausting as they broke down their walls and put their hearts on the line. But they healed each other, trudged through those dark waters with each other, and resurfaced a stronger couple. A couple so in love and so intertwined that nothing, and no one, will tear them apart. 

C.M. Stunich wrote a very deep and emotional story that will tug at your heartstrings and make you question your life. With inspirational messages, and the amazing idea that love can heal all wounds, she makes you want to cheer for Ty and Never as they find the happiness and peace that they've been missing for years. 

But take into consideration something about this book, and this series in general. It's not a light read. It's deep and challenging, but completely gripping. It's a dark tunnel that will not only make you appreciate finding the light at the end, but have you so sucked in that you won't want to stop reading about Ty and Never's story even after you've finished the epilogue.

Favorite Quotes: 
"Want and need. Two totally different fucking things. Don't you hate how they're always at each other's throats?" 

"Love is a loud thing. It sings for all the world to hear and doesn't care who's listening."

"Regrets are the most important tools in the world, Ty McCabe. If we didn't regret then mistakes would be nothing but a series of unstoppable accidents. We can regret something, and we can learn from it. Once we do though, once we understand why we regret something, we have to let it go. If you keep it, it will burn you. If you let it fly, it will become something else, something not quite as ugly or perverted, but rather something new. That energy can rejoin the rest of the universe and be reborn. That's the whole point, isn't it? Change, rebirth, life."


If you haven't read this series yet, do it now! If you just adore a good love story, with jaded characters and an imperfect relationship, then you'll love this sweet, and sometimes dark, contemporary series. :)