Sunday, June 30, 2013

Showcase Sunday #8

Showcase Sunday is a featured weekly event hosted by Books, Biscuits, and TeaAny blogger can participate by showcasing what books or swag they received during the week--whether they were bought, downloaded, borrowed, or won.

Paperback:
  • The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black. So this book doesn't even come out until September, but I was lucky enough to win an ARC thanks to Victoria over at Zemfirka Blogs. I was really excited to win, because I'm never able to go to things like BEA and Book Bash, so I never have the chance to receive actual print ARCs of books. I also finished this in like two days. I really loved it!
Kindle:
  • The Sibylline Oracle (The Sibylline Trilogy, #1) by Delia J. Colvin. Amazon freebie.
  • The Ice Captain's Daughter by S.G. Rogers. Amazon freebie.
  • Branded (Sinners, #1) by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki. One of the most highly anticipated summer reads of 2013. I'm currently reading it, and I'm floored with how good it is!
For Review (e-ARCs):
  • Taste the Heat (Love and Games, #1) by Rachel Harris. 
  • Found (The Crescent Chronicles, #3) by Alyssa Rose Ivy. I'm so excited to read this one!
 NetGalley:
  • The Weight of Souls by Bryony Pearce.
  • The Wrong Girl (Freak House, #1) by C.J. Archer.
  • Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) by Colleen Hoover (AKA: CoHo). So I pre-ordered Allegiant and Losing Hope, except I ordered the paperback of Losing Hope, which doesn't come out until October 16th. I felt so stupid, and I would have had to wait until then to read this. But then I saw it on NetGalley, and it was on the "read now" shelf! Ahhh! I can read this even earlier, and I don't have to wait for my paperback to come in the mail four months from now. 
  • A Study in Silks (The Baskerville Affair, #1) by Emma Jane Holloway.

What books did you receive this week? Leave me a comment so I can check out your book haul! :)

PS: If you follow me via GFC only, please consider following me via Bloglovin. Google Friend Connect will be gone (tomorrow, I think!) and I've been trying to warn my readers. And if you do follow, let me know, so I can follow you back. :)

PSS: Check out my poll underneath my Bloglovin button. I'm really curious to see what everyone else thinks about books. :)

16 comments:

  1. Lovely haul! The Weight of Souls looks great. No idea why I haven't requested it myself.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I enjoy that one. I should get to it this month. :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard only great things about The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! I can't wait to read it myself, but I have to wait ;) Great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add my two cents to that "great things" pile about the book. Lol, I loved it! :)

      Delete
  3. I've only read one Holly Black book so I MUST read more! I've heard a lot of people raving about The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first Holly Black book, so I'm definitely going to be reading more of hers. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous that you got a copy of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! I can't wait to get my hands on it when it comes out! I hope you enjoy it :D
    [Just made sure I was following you on bloglovin' :)]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED it. :) Also made sure I was following you via Bloglovin. :)

      Delete
  5. Ok...saw Coldest Girl in Coldtown and I turned green! I hope you love it! Can't wait to see your thoughts on it. Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVERYONE is commenting about that book! :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh new Holly Black book! How exciting! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite reads so far of summer 2013. :)

      Delete
  7. I've heard so many amazing things about The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, I am very jealous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! How exciting, I hope it's fabulous :-D

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3