Thursday, June 6, 2013

Swoon Thursday #3

Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA BoundFrom the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you swoon. :) Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the button below and share it on your blog. 

This week I was swooning over Travis Maddox from Beautiful Disaster. 

Add to Goodreads
INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Travis Maddox is a hothead, temperamental, a little possessive. But he's also charming, caring, and when he loves, he loves deeply. He's one of those "book boyfriends" that people have such different opinions about; he's a very controversial character. Some people didn't like him, others kind of hated him. I sort of loved him. He's got flaws; he's got jealousy issues and uses his fists to earn money. But he also grows throughout the book, and he lets go of some of his wild side.  

"I've wanted you for so long, Abby. You're all I want," he breathed against my mouth.

With his large, gentle fingers, he pulled my hand away from my eyes and kissed my palm. I took a faltering breath as he looked at my lips and then back to my eyes. "I'll never love anyone the way I love you, Pigeon."

"Well, I belong to you!" The veins in his neck bulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to even flinch. He looked at my lips, panting. "I belong to you," he whispered, his anger melting as he realized how close we were.

What book boys made you swoon this week? Leave me a link to your swoon so I can check it out. :) 

16 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book yet, and it appears I have been missing out! Great swoon :)

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do read it, I hope you like it! I loved it. :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this book!!! Travis rocks... I want him!! Great swoon!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Travis!

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Disaster was a pretty good! I'll admit, the swoons were so yummy. Ms. McGuire definitely knows how to write a good swoon! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there were so many great swoons, it was hard to choose. :)

      Delete
  4. I adore this book! Lovely swoon!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the book, and I can't wait to read Walking Disaster. :)

      Delete
  5. Travis! So love him! Great swoon.

    My Swoon!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved him. :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Oh Travis. He really does know how to make you swoon! Whew!

    Great pick Holly!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  7. Travis is hot! He's one of my book boyfriend's! Great Swoon :) You ha ve to read Walking Disaster, you'll fall in love with Travis even more!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's one of my favorites, too. :)

      Delete
  8. Great swoons :D! I have heard a lot of great things about Beautiful Disaster.

    Here's mine:
    http://kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/06/swoon-thursday-4-seduced-in-dark-by-cj.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3