Thursday, June 20, 2013

Swoon Thursday #5

Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA BoundFrom the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you swoon. :) Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the button below and share it on your blog. 

This week my swoon came from Grave Mercy. :)


Add to Goodreads
Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.

Ismae’s most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart?

***

His lips are soft and warm as they touch mine. His mouth moves urgently, as if he is trying to experience every nuance and curve of my lips. The utter rightness fills me, for it feels I have waited all my life for just this moment.
His mouth opens slightly, and he shifts the angle of his kiss, nudging my mouth to do the same, and I am lost in a whole new world of sensation. His mouth is soft compared to the strong, callused hands that grip my waist. 

***

He leans in close, his whisper so quiet I can barely hear it. "Whenever you are ready, or if you never are, my heart is yours, until Death do us part. Whatever that may mean when consorting with one of Death's handmaidens." 

***


*swooning. Oh, how I love Duval. He's so fiercely protective and loyal, loving and caring. *sigh. He's just perfect. <3 

What book(s) had you swooning this week? Feel free to leave me a comment so I can check it out. :) 

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He's a pretty great book boyfriend. ;)

      Delete
  2. Wauw, great swoon! I do love a guy who's fiercely protective, so I guess this means I have to read this book ;-)
    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I practically melted with those swoons!

    My Swoon

    Allison @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Swoons Holly!!! I've read a lot of great reviews on this book! It sounds so good! Here's my swoon:

    http://kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/06/swoon-thursday-6-blessed-tragedy.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my swoon. :)

      Delete
  5. I need to read this book :D! This was a perfect mix of a little bit of steam and protectiveness. Loved your swoons.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Here's mine:
    http://www.kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/06/swoon-thursday-6-blessed-tragedy.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! I love both these swoons! Great picks!

    My Swoon from Elegy by Tara Hudson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my swoon. :)

      Delete
  7. Ooo I love 'urgent' kisses, they're always so passionate!! Great swoon Holly :D

    Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book was very passionate. :)

      Delete
  8. Ah, swooooon. I had totally forgotten about that. I loved Duval, too. But Ismae as well. they were such an awesome couple! Looking forward to Dark Triumph -- and to re-read Grave Mercy. Thanks so much for sharing! My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I loved them as a couple! I cannot wait to read Dark Triumph. :)

      Delete
  9. Love that snippet! I need to re-read this book one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my swoon. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3