Thursday, June 27, 2013

Swoon Thursday #6

Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA BoundFrom the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you swoon. :) Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the button below and share it on your blog. 

This week, I read two swoon-worthy books. :)

Add to Goodreads

***
He leaned in and brushed  his lips against mine, feather-light at first, then more eager. My heart thundered as he exhaled, like he'd been holding the air in his lungs for far too long. My hands walked up his biceps as his fingers threaded through my hair, sending ribbons of heat down to my skull. He pressed into me as if he couldn't get close enough, and I pressed back. Because I wasn't close enough. Because I'd spent the last several years of my life wishing I could get closer.


The romance in this book was sweetly innocent and a little bit desperate. And I loved the relationship between Anna and Sam. <3

***

Add to Goodreads

***
He lifted me up, set me on the counter, and eased himself between my legs. He kissed me so passionately I was sure the kitchen smoke detector was about to go off. He paused just long enough to say, "I missed you." Then he kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around him, digging my nails into his back and pulling him tighter between my legs. Our breaths quickened and our kisses grew deeper. His hand slid through my hair and he guided my head to whatever position he wanted as his lips and tongue worked their magic on my neck. 

Oh my gosh, this book had so many swoon-worthy moments that it was hard to choose just one! Nathan is one of my favorite book boyfriends. <3 Check out my review of this one here.

So what book(s) had you swooning this week? As always, leave me a comment so I can check it out! :)

21 comments:

  1. Altered sounds really good, and I love the cover of Taking Back Forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la, swoony swoony! I love both of them!! .. But especially the one from Taking Back Forever - I think I have to read that book!
    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking Back Forever is very swoony! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, that was one hell of a kiss in Taking Back Forever! A kiss that can set of the smoke detector - I like that line :D

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nathan too!! I have this one on my Kindle!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. :)

      Delete
  5. Gah! I have been meaning to read Altered forever now! Love that swoon!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Altered is amazing! You really should get to that soon. :P

      Delete
  6. Loved both of these! Altered is amazing, and ALL of Karen's books have awesome swoons. Great swoon choices! Hope you loved both books as much as I did! :)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I enjoyed both of them so much they are now on my "favorites" shelf. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm hoping for a little more swoony scenes of Sam and Anna in book two. Or maybe even between Anna and Nick ;)
    And your second swoon goes totally under your skin, love it. Thanks for sharing them both!
    My Swoon, and there'salso a bloggoversary giveaway running on my blog to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I love Nick. ;) I would love some swoony scenes from him, but I don't believe they'll be with Anna. Honestly, although I love all of the boys equally, I hope it doesn't turn into a love triangle or anything. And I CANNOT wait for Erased! :)

      Delete
  8. EEEEEEEEEEEP! That's my book! *happy dances*
    I'm so honored to be on your Swoon Thursday. Thank you so much. <3

    And thanks to everyone for the compliments about that scene. I think Nathan is so yummy. (But I'm a little biased.)

    Happy Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for checking it out and for taking the time to comment!

      I can't wait for book 3! :)

      Delete
  9. I love when the guy lifts the girl onto the kitchen counter!



    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great swoons. Have Altered on my wish list.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Swoons Holly! The second one is majorly hot! Hmm... I think I need to add Taking Back Forever to my TBR ASAP!

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/06/swoon-thursday-24.html


    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should totally add it! :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3