Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #1

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

My first "Waiting On" Wednesday book is: 

LOSING HOPE (HOPELESS, #2) BY COLLEEN HOOVER!! Publication date is July 9th! I'm going crazy without it! 
Add to Goodreads
In the follow-up to Colleen Hoover’s #1 New York Times bestseller Hopeless, the charming and irresistible Dean Holder tells the passionate story that has melted thousands of hearts.

In Hopeless, Sky left no secret unearthed, no feeling unshared, and no memory forgotten, but Holder’s past remained a mystery.

Still haunted by the little girl he let walk away, Holder has spent his entire life searching for her in an attempt to finally rid himself of the crushing guilt he has felt for years. But he could not have anticipated that the moment they reconnect, even greater remorse would overwhelm him…

Sometimes in life, if we wish to move forward, we must first dig deep into our past and make amends. In Losing Hope, bestselling author Colleen Hoover reveals what was going on inside Holder’s head during all those hopeless moments—and whether he can gain the peace he desperately needs.


Colleen Hoover posted a teaser a few hours ago! Here it is:

This scene is from a few days after Holder sees the bracelet in the cafeteria and walks away from Sky.
***

“Yo, flipdick. We on for tonight?” Daniel says, walking up to my locker.

The last thing I feel like doing tonight is going out. I know Daniel would probably get my mind off her with all the crazy shit that comes out of his mouth, but I don’t really want to get my mind off her. I haven’t spoken to her since Monday and the only thing that sounds appealing besides being with her is wallowing alone in self-pity.

“Maybe tomorrow. I don’t really feel like doing anything tonight.”

Daniel leans his elbow into the locker and he lowers his head, leaning toward me. “You’re really being a mangina,” he says. “You didn't even date the chick. Get the fuck over it and…” Daniel glances over my shoulder without finishing the sentence. “What the hell is your problem, powder puff?” He’s speaking to someone now standing behind me. The way he says it can only mean it’s Grayson. Fearing I’m about to get sucker punched from behind, I spin around.

It’s not Grayson.

Breckin is facing me and he doesn't look very pleased about it.

“Hey,” I say.

“I need to talk to you,” he says. I know he wants to talk about Sky and I really don’t want to talk about Sky. Not to Breckin, not to Daniel, not even to Sky. No one understands anything about anything and frankly, it’s nobody’s business.

“Sorry, Breckin. I’m not really in the mood to talk about her.”

Breckin takes a quick step forward and I take a quick step back because I wasn't expecting him to rush me like he just did. My back is against the locker and Daniel is laughing. Probably because Breckin is a good fifty pounds lighter than me and several inches shorter and he’s wondering why the hell I haven’t laid Breckin on his ass yet. But that doesn't stop Breckin from moving in even closer to get right in my face.

“I don’t really give a shit what kind of mood you’re in, because I’m in a pretty shitty mood myself, Holder. You aren't the one having to pick up all the shattered pieces of Sky this week. I don’t know what the hell happened in the cafeteria Monday, but it was enough to show me that I don’t like you. I don’t like you one damn bit and I have no idea what Sky sees in you because what you did to her? How you led her on for days and then just walked away like she was a waste of your time?”Breckin shakes his head, still fuming. He drops his eyes down to my arm.  Down to the tattoo. “I feel sorry for you,” he sighs. He inhales a calming breath and slowly looks back up at me. “I feel sorry for you, because people like her don’t come along more than once. She deserves someone who realizes that. Someone who appreciates her. Someone who would never just…” he shakes his head, looking at me disappointedly. “Someone who would never crush her hope and then just walk away.”

Breckin backs up a step when he’s finished and Daniel gives me the look. The look that indicates he’s ready to start one of his fights. Before I even have the chance to tell Daniel to refrain, he begins to lunge forward toward Breckin. I quickly step in between them and shove Daniel against the locker with my arm, keeping it pressed against his chest. “Don’t,” I say, holding Daniel back.

“Let him hit me,” Breckin says loudly from behind me. “Or better yet, why don’t you just do it, Holder? You proved to her on Monday what a badass you are. Have at it!”

I release Daniel and turn around to face Breckin. The last thing I want to do is hit him. Why would I hit him when everything he just said to me was the absolute truth? He’s pissed at me because of how I treated Sky. He’s pissed and he’s protecting her and I have no idea how to tell him how much it means to me to know she has him.

I turn around and open my locker, then grab my backpack and car keys. Daniel is watching me closely, wondering why I’m not kicking Breckin’s ass right now. I face Breckin again and he’s eyeing me with just as much confusion as Daniel. I begin to walk away, but pause when I’m shoulder to shoulder with Breckin. “I’m glad she has you, Breckin.”

He doesn't respond. I pull my backpack onto my shoulder and walk away.
***

I'M SO EXCITED; I CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT. I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW! <3

20 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Colleen Hoover's books, but I've only ever heard awesome things about her. Great pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you really need to read Hopeless! It's amazing! And so is her Slammed series. Really, anything Colleen Hoover writes is amazing. I love her books. <3

      Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Hopeless! and can´t wait to read Losing Hope. Great pick!
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopeless is one of my favorite books ever.

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Hopeless yet, it sounds interesting though.
    I hope you'll enjoy the sequel if you liked the first one so much :)
    Greetings

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should totally read Hopeless.

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Ohmigawed, only a few weeks away!? Great post Holly! I totally forgot that I am anticipating for this :D I love Colleen Hoover's books!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! So close! I love her books, too.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Hopeless yet but I've been hearing sooo much about it! I must go read it soon before Losing Hope comes out so I'm not out of the loop. lol

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't talk enough about how much I love Colleen Hoover and her books. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tease. Awesome pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  7. Been seeing this one around a lot lately! Not my kind of read personally, but still hope you love it once you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can not wait for this one too. I love the teaser! Awesome pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for this one. :)

      Delete
  9. I've heard a lot of good things about Colleen Hoover! Nice pick.
    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my WOW. :)

      Delete
  10. I HAVE to read some Colleen Hoover already! :)

    Sabrina @iheartyafiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3