Sunday, July 14, 2013

Showcase Sunday #10

Showcase Sunday is a featured weekly event hosted by Books, Biscuits, and TeaAny blogger can participate by showcasing what books or swag they received during the week--whether they were bought, downloaded, borrowed, or won.

Bought: 
  • Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake.
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare. I saw this at Walmart, and I just had to have it. I'd just finished the second book, and I was already anxious to dive back into the Shadowhunter world. :) 
Kindle:
  • Shipwrecked (Shipwrecked, #1) by Jenna Stone. Amazon freebie.
  • The Island (The Island, #1) by Jen Minkman. Amazon freebie.
  • Falling Into You (Falling, #1) by Jasinda Wilder. It was only 99 cents. I just had to get it! :)
  • Barbie Girl (Baby Doll, #1) by Heidi Acosta. Amazon freebie.
  • Love is Darkness (Valerie Dearborn, #1) by Caroline Hanson. Amazon freebie.
 
 For Review:
  • Wakefield (Mad World, #1) by Erin Callahan and Troy H. Gardner.
NetGalley:
  • Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones.
Library:
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2) by Brodi Ashton. I've been wanting to read this one for so long! :)
  • The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd. :)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa. 

So what books did you receive this week? Leave me a comment so I can check out your haul! :)

20 comments:

  1. I have Anna Dressed in Blood in my TBR pile - it looks so good! And I adore the cover art.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started it yet, because I just know it's going to hold my attention until I'm finished. And I love this cover! :)

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I just finished City of Bones so I really need to carry on with the rest of the series. What is it with Cassandra Clare and cliffhangers?! Anna Dressed in Blood is on my TBR pile and it sounds amazing. I need to start The Iron Fey series too :)

    Happy reading!

    My SS: http://www.bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/showcase-sunday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love TMI! Although not as much as I loved The Infernal Devices. And those cliffhangers just makes me wanna read the next book that much more. :) And The Iron Fey series is pretty fantastic.

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooooh I read The Madman;s Daughter and really enjoyed it so I hope you do too :) Great haul :)

    Have a lovely Sunday :)

    Megan xxxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to read that one!

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I love CoG, Annaa Dressed In Blood, and The Madman's Daughter! I also have The Iron Daughter checked out from the library.
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for all three of those. Hopefully I'll get to them all this week. :)

      Delete
  5. I've read the first three TMI books and CoG was my favorite. I'm holding off on the others until the fall b/c I want to read them closer to the release of the final book. I got Barbie Girl, too! Totally forgot about that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited for City of Glass! (I've heard that TID characters show up). :)

      Delete
  6. I liked the sound of The Island but not at novella length. I kinda think full length YA is short enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's weird. I'd seen it on NetGalley but never requested it. But it was free, so I thought, why not?

      Delete
  7. Anna Dressed in Blood is one of my very faves! Can't wait to see what you think of it :-) Great haul!

    http://www.myfriendsarefiction.com/showcase-sunday-14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO excited to read Anna Dressed in Blood. I have to keep reminding myself not to start it yet, so I can finish other books first.
      :)

      Delete
  8. Anna Dressed in Blood is an incredible read. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Ooo, and The Madman's Daughter is awesome too. Happy reading!

    Stop by my Weekly Roundup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many good things about both of those books. :)

      Delete
  9. It looks like you've got a brilliant haul. I've heard good things about Anna Dressed in Blood, and I quite enjoyed reading The Iron Daughter. Hope you enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books and awesome freebie finds! I really need to pick up the first in the TMI series if I want to read it before the film comes out!

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate watching a movie before I read the book, so I just had to read City of bones. And now I'm addicted to the series. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3