Sunday, July 21, 2013

Showcase Sunday #11

Showcase Sunday is a featured weekly event hosted by Books, Biscuits, and TeaAny blogger can participate by showcasing what books or swag they received during the week--whether they were bought, downloaded, borrowed, or won.

Physical:
  • Dear Cassie (Pretty Amy, #2) by Lisa Burstein. I won a signed copy of this thanks to Christina over at Ensconced in YA and the author. :)
  • Arouse (Spiral of Bliss, #1) by Nina Lane. In May, I did a treasure hunt challenge while reading Arouse. The treasure hunt was to find as many references as you could to Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass, Gone with the Wind, and Wizard of Oz. Originally, there was only going to be one winner. But Nina is an amazing woman, and she loved the response she got from it so much she gave each of the top three winners all three prizes. Those prizes included an Amazon gift card, a signed copy of Arouse, and a Wizard of Oz inspired necklace. I was one of the top three winners! And she even personalized my copy! 
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2) by Nina Lane. Okay, so imagine my surprise when I get the above package and discover a copy of the second book, too! That made my entire day! I haven't read this one yet, but I've been wanting to! Whether it was because she felt bad that it took a long while to get to me, or because I told her I loved Arouse, I don't know. Whatever the case, I'm not joking when I say she's an amazing woman!
Amazon Freebies:
  • Mortality (The Hitchhiker Strain, #1) by Kellie Sheridan.
  • Slide (Slide, #1) by Jill Hathaway. 
  • Reverence (Significance, #3.5) by Shelly Crane. 

So, what books did you receive this week? As always, leave me a link so I can check out your book haul! :)

12 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your signed copies! Nina Lane sounds like an amazing person and her books look interesting so I'll have to check them out too. Awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is! Arouse is amazing, and one of my favorite books I've read so far this year. Do check it out! :)

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I adore it when I get signed copy - especially is the message is lovely and personal! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slide sounds brilliant, I been meaning to get that one for a while :) Congrats on your signed copy! Happy reading!

    My SS: http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/showcase-sunday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love signed copies...they're always beautiful and the nessages inside are so personal and special :)

    Happy Sunday,

    Megan xxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But I never get them, so it's always special when I do. :)

      Delete
  6. I also picked up Slide from Amazon this week. Hope you enjoy!

    Here's my Showcase Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3