Sunday, July 28, 2013

Showcase Sunday #12

Showcase Sunday is a featured weekly event hosted by Books, Biscuits, and TeaAny blogger can participate by showcasing what books or swag they received during the week--whether they were bought, downloaded, borrowed, or won.

I didn't receive very many books this week, and thank God for that. I've just been knocking down my to-read list and trying to catch up on my Goodreads challenge. I'm way behind, but I'm no quitter. I will reach 200 by the end of this year. :) 

Amazon Freebies:
  • The Survivors (The Survivors, #1) by Amanda Havard. 
  • The Keeper and the Rune Stone (The Black Ledge Series, #1) by Paige W. Pendleton.
 For Review:
  • Infinity (Valkyries: Soaring Raven #1) by Sedona Venez.
  • Timespell by Diana Paz. Thanks to her and Karen Amanda Hooper, I'm able to read it! I'm so excited, because I've been wanting to read this one ever since I heard of it. :) And what a gorgeous cover!
 NetGalley:
  • The Storycatcher by Ann Hite.
  • Bound by Night (Moonbound Clan Vampires, #1) by Larissa Ione.

***

I also would like to share a sale for my mom's self-published book, Courage to Hope.
:)

They are inspirational, historical stories. They are Christian fiction, but the religion is not dominant. Instead, this is about the main character, Cara, and her journey. This is about a strong hard-working woman's courage, heart, and faith. 

***

What books did you receive this week? Leave me a comment with your link so I can check out your book haul! :)

12 comments:

  1. I was looking at Larissa Ione on NetGalley but am trying to keep my requests low. I feel so restrained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do that, but I just couldn't resist another vampire book. :)

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I read Infinity which started off slow but the further I got into it the more interesting it got. Hope you enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read that one. I've been wanting to ever since I heard of it. I hope I like it. :)

      Delete
  3. Great haul! I've not heard of most of these..I'll have to look them up. Love the look of The Survivors!

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite authors, Chelsea Fine, recommended The Survivors, so I'm sure I'll love it. :)

      Delete
  4. The Survivors seems like something I'd enjoy, I need to check it out. Great haul this week. Enjoy everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good haul! The Survivors looks like a good read, will have to look it up.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Storycatchers looks interesting, I'm always drawn to covers like that!

    Enjoy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, Infinity and Timespell both sound amazing!
    Enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3