Thursday, July 25, 2013

Swoon Thursday #10

Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA Bound. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you swoon. :) Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the button below and share it on your blog. 


This week I read two swoon-worthy books! I couldn't decide between either of them, so I thought I'd share both books. And they are actually part of the same series! This week I'm sharing Recalled and Charmed by Cambria Hebert. 

Swoon #1

***
I dipped her backward, holding her tight, and leaned close. "I love you." Then I kissed her. My lips brushed over hers, meeting what was the most satisfying taste I'd ever known. She kissed me back, her lips claiming what was left of my heart and tucking it safely within her. I would've kissed her for hours. I would've kissed her for a lifetime...
***

Ohhhhh, this book.... I can't even say much without spoiling things, but I loved it so much. It's one of my favorite reads of this year. It's not a traditional HEA, but damn, if I didn't love the ending. It was PERFECT. :)

***

Swoon #2

***
My back hit the nearby brick retaining wall. And I was completely surrounded. One of his hands crawled around to the small of my back and grabbed a handful of the red silk.I didn't have time to say anything. To declare I couldn't even stand his presence. I wouldn't have been able to form a sentence anyway because he yanked me forward and his mouth covered mine. Aggressive. That’s how he kissed. Like he was staking a claim, not only on my lips, but my entire body.

***

His lips didn't just touch me; they didn't just brush against mine… They captured me. I couldn't even be considered their hostage because even if he pulled back and offered freedom, I would have stayed. I would have begged for more. He kissed me like he’d never kissed me before. Slow. Soft. Gentle. He was so utterly and agonizingly slow, tilting his head one way and then the other. The friction of his lips meeting mine again and again filled every part of me with something warm and liquid, until I was so overfull with longing I couldn't sit still.
***

I actually loved the first book more, but this one was still amazing. Charming and Frankie were great characters, and I loved how their relationship developed. <3

I loved this series! I'm actually hoping for more of these books, but I'm not sure if that'll happen. (Here's to hoping!)
Check out my review, Love or Deathof both books and read why I loved this series. :)


So, what book(s) had you swooning this week? Leave me a link to your swoon so I can check it out! :)

12 comments:

  1. Awesome swoon picks! I think I already added this series to my TBR list, but I better make sure. They sound awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the covers to this series!! And they are great swoons!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? These are awesome covers. :)

      Delete
  3. I loves these covers and I have been meaning to start them for a while now. Love the swoons!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, Recalled! I love the swirling purple! And Charmed - love the ABS! :D

    I love the second swoon: slow burn and passion is HOT! That guy did it right ;)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I LOVE these covers! And Charmed was very HOT. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh Wow! Great Swoons...but that third one is HOT!!!!! This series sounds like it has a lot of swoon-worthy scenes, and I would love to read about this sexy, alpha male :) He sounds delicious!!!! Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/07/swoon-thursday-28.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Charming is definitely one HOT alpha! There were so many swoon-worthy and sexy scenes that it was hard just to pick two. :)

      Delete
  6. Omg those swoons are great! Have to read those books soon!

    My Swoon

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3