Thursday, July 11, 2013

Swoon Thursday #8

Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA Bound. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you swoon. :) Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the button below and share it on your blog. 

This week I have TWO amazing swoons! After these two books, I couldn't just pick one. I mean, it would totally be unfair to you guys. :P

Swoon #1


***
I grab both of her hands and interlock our fingers. "Look at me." She hesitantly lifts her face and looks at me. "Sky, I'm not kissing you tonight but believe me when I tell you, I've never wanted to kiss a girl more. So stop thinking I'm not attracted to you because you have no idea just how much I am. You can hold my hand, you can run your fingers through my hair, you can straddle me while I feed you spaghetti, but you are not getting kissed tonight. And probably not tomorrow, either. I need this. I need to know for sure that you're feeling every single thing that I'm feeling the moment my lips touch yours. Because I want your first kiss to be the best first kiss in the history of first kisses."
***

And because I just love Holder so much, and because ^--that part above was in Hopeless, I'm going to give you another scene that is just as swoon-worthy, and that was only in Losing Hope.
I know I told her that she's never really been kissed before, but until this moment I had no idea that I had never really been kissed before. Not like this. Every kiss, every movement, every moan, every touch of her hand against my skin. She's my saving grace. My Hope. And I'm never walking away from her again. 
It was so hard to choose just two swoons, because I fucking loved this book. Everything about it. It was perfection. <3 <3 *
Check out my review, Holder and Heartbreak, and see why I thought it was one of the best books I've ever read. I don't know how Colleen Hoover did it, but I thought it surpassed Hopeless (and that's a major fucking accomplishment considering how much I absolutely and positively loved Sky's story). And if you haven't read these two books, I strongly suggest you do so. Even if it's not the genre you usually like or read, I urge you to take a chance on Holder and Sky's story. :)

***

Swoon #2


***
Warm, calloused hands suddenly cradled her face as
Jason’s firm lips pressed against hers. She latched onto his
arms. Her mouth parted, reeling from the abrupt change in
direction the evening had taken, and he nipped her upper lip
between his teeth. Her breath caught and a chill shot down
her arms as his tongue rimmed the inside of her mouth, licking
the remnants of the fruity drink from her lips. She snatched
the fabric of his cotton T-shirt, twisting it in her hands.
If this was what awaited her after every round, she could
handle just about anything.
*** 

I so enjoyed this book! It was steamy, romantic, and Jason was just so HOT. ;) 
Check out my review of it here. Oh, and there's also a giveaway going on for a Taste the Heat gift basket, so click on the link and enter

(I can't believe I forgot to write this until hours after I published this post). What book(s) had you swooning this week? Leave me a comment so I can check it out! :)

20 comments:

  1. I am reading Hopeless right now, and I have cried, laughed, awwwwed and swooned.... I love these books!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Sometimes I just wish I could read Hopeless again for the first time. I'm sure I'll reread it in the future, because it's one of my favorite books. :)

      Delete
  2. All these books are on my TBR list! That first scene is so sweet - who new not kissing someone could be so damn sexy! And I'm so looking forward to Taste The Heat - I just it going to be hot!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing Hope had so many swoon-worthy scenes that it was so hard to choose just a couple. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved that first swoon when it was in Hopeless. So excited I have Hopeless to read next. Loved the second swoon of his thoughts on the first swoon. Just added Taste The Heat yesterday to goodreads. Lovely swoon.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Holder! I love that boy. Losing Hope was an incredible book!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's my number 2 book boyfriend. Oh, I just love him so much. <3

      Delete
  5. I love all three of those! I still need to read Hopeless! Loved Taste the Heat!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should totally read Hopeless soon! :) And I enjoyed Taste the Heat.

      Delete
  6. YAY for Losing Hope and Taste the Heat! I love that particular scene in Hopeless, and it's amazing to see it in Holder's POV. And Rachel's book is getting a lot of love! :)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taste the Heat is definitely worth all of that love. What a hot book! :)

      Delete
  7. Losing Hope! <3 Love the scene that you picked out!
    Great swoons!

    My Swoon

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very great swoons. Thanks for sharing! My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for stopping by my swoon. :)

      Delete
  9. Two awesome swoons! I love Holder! He is so swoon-worthy! Thanks for sharing Holly :)

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/07/swoon-thursday-26.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely LOVE Losing Hope! Didn't think I could love Holder more but I do.

    Really can't wait to get to Taste the heat!

    My Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I could love him anymore than I did while reading Hopeless either. That, and Losing Hope, are two of my favorite books ever. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3