Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #5

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm aching to have Erased (Altered, #2) by Jennifer Rush.
Publication date: January 7th, 2014.

They thought they had escaped. They were wrong.

After fleeing the Branch with Sam, Cas, and Nick, Anna is trying to make sense of the memories resurfacing from her old life. At the same time, she's learning how to survive in hiding, following Sam's rules: Don't draw attention to yourself. Always carry a weapon. Know your surroundings. Watch your back.

Then a figure from Anna's childhood reappears. Is it a Branch setup, or could it be the reunion Anna has hoped for? Uncertain of where her loyalties lie, Anna must fight to learn the truth -- before she is betrayed again. Ultimately, the answers hinge on one question: What was the real reason her memories were erased?

Jennifer Rush delivers a thrilling sequel to Altered in a novel packed with mysteries, lies, and surprises that are sure to keep readers guessing until the last age is turned.


***

I know I say this every time I make a WOW post, but I'm SO EXCITED for this book! I finished Altered in less than one day because it was just so, so good! It definitely made the favorites shelf. :) 

So, I've been wondering. Is this Nick or Cas? Obviously, it's not Sam. Honestly, I'm thinking it's Cas, just because of the little bit of his face we can see. I wouldn't even care if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't mind him being Cas. He's my favorite. <3 And damn, that is one hot cover! ;)

Why are all of the sequels that I'm anxiously awaiting not being released until January 2014?! Must we wait so long?! *curls into a ball and cries unabashedly about the unfairness of it all*

***

So, peeps, what book are you anxious to get your hands on? Leave me a comment so I can check it out! :) 

44 comments:

  1. I really want to read Altered but haven't had the chance yet!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read the first book of this series. I've had it on my TBR for a while. Great pick!

    arlene @ winterhaven books
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Altered was fantastic! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Gahhh I still need to read Altered! I remember being really excited for the release of that one too, but then I got distracted. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.... Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always let myself get distracted from really good books all the time.

      Delete
  4. I guess I better read the first one before the second one comes out! :) It's been sitting in my Kobo for quite some time now. :)


    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Waiting on Wednesdays
    WWW Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have plenty of time. Erased doesn't come out until 2014. :(

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Altered yet, but it looks so good! I love your WOW pick! I'm adding this series to my tbr! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html#comment-form

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always pass by Altered in the store! Just the cover on this one makes me regret that. Or maybe it's just the guy on the cover.

    My WoW:
    Amber @My Bookshelf Is Hungry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the guys on this cover and Altered's that caught my eye first. ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh nice choice! I have Altered, but haven't read it yet. I've definitely put this book on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  8. I was planing on reading the first book in this series and then I've heard some negative things about it. I'll see what people think of this one. I hope you'll get it soon :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally read it anyway. :)

      Delete
  9. I have been wanting to read Altered for so long already, but I keep putting it off because it's not a genre I'm used to...
    Waiting on Wednesday
    One Million Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, your name is awesome. Two of my favorite series right there. :P Even if it's not your type of genre, I encourage you to pick it up. You might find that you'll enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  10. I really want to read Altered and this has made me want to even more! Great pick :)

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is also on my TBR list. Nice pick!

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-perfect-ruin/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice cover, I haven't read any books by this author. May have to check her out.
    Cricket@ Little Library Muse
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, Altered is the only one by her. But it's so good, you should check it out! :)

      Delete
  13. Sexy cover :) it sound like a good series. Here's my pick this week http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-9-resist-by-sarah.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It's one HOT cover. ;)

      Delete
  14. I have yet to read this first one but I want to! Great pick!

    My WoW

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome choice! I've heard tons of great things about Altered. Thanks for sharing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have Altered and want to read it bad. Now there's this one to wait for too! Looks good.

    My WOW

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally bump it up on your TBR list. :)

      Delete
  17. I'm so excited for this one as well, Holly! Great choice! Altered was amazing!

    Sabrina @I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, someone who has read it! I loved it, too. :)

      Delete
  18. Wow, I didn't read that first book, but that sure has momentum going for it. Too bad you have to wait a few months for it! Nice choice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I know. The waiting sucks for this one. :(

      Delete
  19. I hope you enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pick! And this reminds me that I never read Altered. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read the first, so not sure what's going on, but I do have to say I like that there are guys on the cover! Kind of unusual.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend Altered. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3