Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #7

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm "waiting on" Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke. 
Expected publication date: August 15th, 2013.

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.

***

Why am I waiting for this one?

I'm stoked for this book! It's the first in the series too, so I don't even know if I'm going to like it or like the author's style of writing, but I have a feeling I will. A fantastical gothic book? Count me in! Dark, dangerous, and mysterious is just the way I like them. And I just love this cover! 

What book are you anxious to get your hands on this week? Leave me a comment so I can check out your WOW! :)

15 comments:

  1. A lot of people picked this one this week but I still love looking at it, that cover is so pretty. I am really curious about this one.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's pretty popular on the WOWs. And you can never stare at this cover too long. :P

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. This is one I'm excited about as well!

    Here's my WoW

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for this either :D!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally excited for Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea as well!! Great pick.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this one either! I love the cover and the story sounds amazing! Great pick!

    My WoW

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It sounds amazing; I just hope it lives up to it. :)

      Delete
  6. this one is a popular pick this week!! and it definitely deserves the attention i think but it sounds epic. i'm so excited to read it :D

    my WoW

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is always popular on WOW posts. I just hope it lives up to this hype! :)

      Delete
  7. This was my WoW from a few weeks ago! I bet it's going to be AMAZING!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of it before, but that is the purpose of this meme- to introduce us to new titles! Thanks for sharing this captivating one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love sharing my WOWs. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3