Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #9

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts!!!
Expected publication date: October 29th, 2013

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts comes a trilogy about the land we’re drawn to, the family we learn to cherish, and the people we long to love…

With indifferent parents, Iona Sheehan grew up craving devotion and acceptance. From her maternal grandmother, she learned where to find both: a land of lush forests, dazzling lakes, and centuries-old legends.

Ireland.

County Mayo, to be exact. Where her ancestors’ blood and magic have flowed through generations—and where her destiny awaits.

Iona arrives in Ireland with nothing but her Nan’s directions, an unfailingly optimistic attitude, and an innate talent with horses. Not far from the luxurious castle where she is spending a week, she finds her cousins, Branna and Connor O’Dwyer. And since family is family, they invite her into their home and their lives.

When Iona lands a job at the local stables, she meets the owner, Boyle McGrath. Cowboy, pirate, wild tribal horsemen, he’s three of her biggest fantasy weaknesses all in one big, bold package.

Iona realizes that here she can make a home for herself—and live her life as she wants, even if that means falling head over heels for Boyle. But nothing is as it seems. An ancient evil has wound its way around Iona’s family tree and must be defeated. Family and friends will fight with each other and for each other to keep the promise of hope—and love—alive…

***

Why am I waiting for this one?

Nora Roberts is my favorite author. Hands down. I love her books, and I've been reading them for years. And that's why I'm even more excited for this one, because I've caught up on her book list (well, almost) and I'm in serious need of something new from her. And Nora's fantasy/paranormal series are the best! Her Circle Trilogy and Sign of Seven Trilogy are two of my favorite series ever, both of them in the fantasy and paranormal genre. When I heard this, I immediately bumped it up to my number 1 anticipated fall 2013 release.
I. CAN'T. WAIT. 

***

This past week I reached 100 followers on my blog! (I've been using Bloglovin as the primary way to follow my blog). So I thought, what better way to celebrate than a giveaway? Click HERE to win a paperback of That Night on Thistle Lane!

What book(s) are you eagerly anticipating the release of? Leave me a comment with your WOW link! :)

10 comments:

  1. A woman after my own heart!!!! Nora Roberts is my favorite author as well. I've been reading her work since I was 12 and I still am on the edge of my seat, waiting for each new book.

    It's been a while since she did a trilogy set in Ireland and I can't wait for Dark Witch either.

    New follower here :)

    Here's my WOW Pick, from NR's alter ego, J.D. Robb.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, an NR fan! I like you already! :P

      I love her books so much, I seriously can't wait for this one! Counting down the days... :)

      Delete
  2. The title really threw me! It doesn't sound like a Nora Roberts type book...lol...Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she's written many fantasy/paranormal books. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't had the pleasure of reading anything by Nora Roberts but this one looks really good.

    I'm a new follower via GFC and bloglovin'

    Check out: MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're missing out! She's a fantastic writer. :)

      Delete
  4. I've read a few of Nora Roberts' books and I know for a fact that she is an amazing author so I'm intrigued by this book. I'll add it on my to-read list now and I'd love to give it a try when it comes out. Great pick and thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's my favorite author... :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Good author sounds really great.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3