Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Fun, Bookish A to Z Survey

This fun, bookish survey was created by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner. I found this wonderful survey through one of the bloggers I'm following and I just knew I had to take it myself! I haven't done a blog post about myself and my bookish habits in a few months. It's been all cover reveals and reviews. So, I thought this would be a good way for my followers to get to know me better. And I just love talking about books. Any chance I get to talk about my favorite books and authors, I take. <3

Author you've read the most books from:
Definitely Nora Roberts. I've read so many of her books! And now that I've pretty much caught up on her current list, I'm anxiously awaiting her newest release, Dark Witch

Best Sequel Ever:
This is a tough one, so I'll pick two. Awry by Chelsea Fine and Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi. Both of these sequels blew my expectations away!  

Currently Reading:
Off Limits by Sawyer Bennett and Heavenly Hell by Aria Williams.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
I don't really have a specific drink; it's whatever I have next to me. But when I'm lost in a new world I tend to forget about those pesky little things called drinking and eating and sleeping. ;) 

E-reader or Physical Book?
I'm definitely a physical book addict; I love paperbacks. I have a huge collection in my room. But I do love my Kindle, and I wouldn't have read some of the amazing books I have without it. <3

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
TRISTAN ARCHER! He's still my number one book boyfriend. Oh, how I love that bad boy! <3 I would also totally date Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices. Everyone wanted Will, but not me!

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Anew by Chelsea Fine. I went back and forth with myself and finally one-clicked that amazingly wonderful book on Amazon. I was hesitant at first because of the love triangle, but that series brought me Tristan Archer, so I'm glad I stopped being a coward. 

Hidden Gem Book:
Oh God, this is turning into a Chelsea Fine fangirling fest. Because this definitely goes to her Archers of Avalon series. She's an indie author, and I never would have found her series had I not made a blog.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
The most important moment was when I started my blog, because it led me to doing blog hops (it was totally cool winning books) and I found some AMAZING books because of recommendations from other blogs. Some of my all-time favorites have come from seeing them on other blogs. I also found out about Goodreads through it, and that has been such a life-saver for this unorganized bookworm! :)

Just Finished:
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris. Love her books, and I thought this was adorable! :)

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Ones that deal with controversial topics, like Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts. I tried to read that, but I just couldn't get past the dark and gritty subject of sex slavery. I'm very selective when it comes to erotic romances. I also don't read any non-fiction (though I'd love to read some biographies of celebrities I like). I'm not much of a fan of historical books, either.

Longest Book You've Read:
I'm pretty sure that can go to Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (aka R.L. LaFevers). It was so long and over 500 pages, yet it was just so good! It's one of my favorite 2013 reads.

Major book hangover because of:
The biggest book hangover I've ever had was after I finished Chelsea Fine's Archers of Avalon series (shocker, I know). I seriously had to start rereading it all over again the very next day. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover and Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare also gave me major book hangovers. :)

Number of Bookcases You Own:
I don't have any bookcases, but I do have a big shelf that's overflowing with books, and the rest are randomly placed in piles around my room. I'm planning on organizing all of my book piles in the next few days! *looks around and starts hyperventilating* Yeah... this is going to be a bitch!

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
The first three books in the Harry Potter series (because they are the only ones I own). I've also reread Nora Roberts' Circle Trilogy more than once. It's my favorite vampire series! :)

Preferred Place To Read:
My bed! Not even joking, it's the only place I'll read. Not my floor or even the living room couch. And when I lived in the dorms, it was always my bed there, too. It's the most comfy spot and I love to curl up with a fuzzy blanket. :)

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read:
This is a hard one, because I have notebooks overflowing with book quotes (I like to write down everything the old-fashioned way)

My favorite romantic and swoon-worthy quote:
"As far as where you belong…" He put a hand over his heart. "Right here. Always. In life and death and everything in between." He paused. "Never question it." -Avow by Chelsea Fine.
(I'm telling you, I have an unhealthy addiction for Tristan Archer!)

My favorite bookish quote:
"When you read you can have every adventure. In the pages of a book you can be anyone you ever dreamed of being... They can never tell you you're too young to slay the dragon -- because it all happens right here, where it's safe." -Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke.

Reading Regret:
My biggest reading regret is not starting a blog and not making a Goodreads account until 9 months ago! I wish I'd read some of these amazing books sooner! And my TBR list has never been this huge...

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I finally just finished The Iron Daughter, and I loved it! I can't believe it's taken me this long to read this series.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare, and the Archers of Avalon series by Chelsea Fine.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Chelsea Fine. (Oh my god, I'm such a dork; but I don't apologize). Seriously, I love her and I love her books. I've been checking her Twitter and website, like a stalker, for WIPs and book announcements ever since I finished the four books she's already published. And that was in January.... (I don't do it every day, okay?!)
Chelsea, hurry up and write another book! PLEASE?!

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
The Dark Witch by Nora Roberts! I need a new book from her. And her fantasy/paranormal series are THE BEST. :)

Worst Bookish Habit:
Staying up late (I'm talking later than 3 a.m. here) to finish a good book. I've done it all summer, and I seriously need to stop because I start my sophomore year of college in less than two weeks. I can't keep doing this all the time! No matter how much I want to...

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Since my actual bookshelf is crazy unorganized, I used the three piles of books on my dresser for this little scavenger hunt. Keeper of My Heart by Darcy Flynn was the 27th book. I won this a long time ago, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. I must do this soon!

Your latest book purchase:
I actually just purchased Spark by Brooke Cumberland. And on Monday I bought the My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century series by Rachel Harris (they came in the mail yesterday!) and Trying Not to Love You by Megan Smith because it was on sale for 99 cents!

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Oh boy, I'm always staying up late to read. But one book kept me up until 6 a.m. and that was Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover. I butterflying love her books!


This was a lot fun! I've been meaning to do something like this, but I just haven't had the time. But, like I said, any chance to talk about my favorite books, authors, and even my own personal bookish habits, I take it! :) 

I encourage YOU to take this survey, too. And if you do, leave me a link so I can check out your answers! :) 

6 comments:

  1. Wasn't this crazy super fun?!?! So glad you did this. :)

    Ok, I need to finish the Iron Fey series too! I just finished The Iron Daughter recently, and have the next one waiting. Wanna buddy read it sometime? Maybe sometime next month?
    I'm super curious who this book bf archer is..I'll have to look into adding it to my TBR. What's the first book I'm the series? Recommend away :)

    Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm glad I checked out your blog post for it! :)

      I'm sending you a Goodreads message!

      Delete
  2. I loved Through the Ever Night too, I thought it was even better than Under the Never Sky! Oh and I agree with Jem Carstairs, how could I've forgotten to add him on my list?! He was a total sweetheart. I see I need to check out Chelsea Fine, I haven't read any of her books.
    Thanks for following me, I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I LOVE Jem. <3 You must check out Chelsea Fine's books. She's an amazing writer! :)

      Delete
  3. Okay, you convinced me - I added Anew to my TBR list. :-) Thanks for checking out my A to Z list. I really thought this was a fun activity!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hope you enjoy it! :) I thought this survey was great.

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3