Friday, August 2, 2013

ATOTC Challenge Week 1: What is YOUR Passion?

Hey, everyone! I recently joined Rachel Harris' street team, the Flirt Squad. She's the author of My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, Taste the Heat, and A Tale of Two Centuries, which is set to release on August 6th. And in celebration of her new release, the Flirt Squad is taking part in a three week A Tale of Two Centuries challenge. 

This week's challenge is to either create a collage, make some Alessandra fan art, or write about your dreams and passions. For instance, Alessandra's passion is theater. 


***

I'm a very passionate person. And I have a lot of things that I'm passionate about, from my family and friends to the subject of history. I love helping people, and I think that's why I'm going into psychology, and maybe onto becoming a therapist. I want to give teenagers the courage to be their own person and help them become the person they want to be in a society that gives them too many expectations and rules on how to live their lives. I have dreams of traveling the world and finding true love. This quote from John Lennon is one of my favorites: When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. And that's exactly what I want to be: happy. I want a lot out of life, and I'm very determined to succeed in making those dreams come true. 

But what is my greatest passion, you ask? One of my biggest dreams? Well, coincidentally, it's exactly what I'm doing right now. The sound of a keyboard typing away is music to my ears. Yup, you've guessed it. My passion is WRITING.


I live for it. 

I write every single day: whether it's a Tweet, a blog post, a text message. Whether it's a quote I want to save from the book I'm reading. Whether I'm working on my numerous stories.... It doesn't matter. I'm writing all the time. It doesn't have to be something as grand and eloquent as a tale just waiting to be told; it can be something as small and simple as sending a friend a text. Whatever it is, my hands are never idle. And my imaginative mind is never at rest.

So, to be specific about my passion and about a very special dream of mine, I can sum it up in two words: aspiring author

I want to be an author. I'm not talking about it as a career choice, and I've never looked at it that way. I just want to write, to tell my stories and give my readers an escape from their realities, much as books have done for me all these years. I want to make my readers fall in love, cry, laugh, yell. I want to send them messages of love, courage, and hope. And I want to make them believe in true love and happily ever afters again. 

I've always been a very creative person, mostly when it came to telling stories and weaving together a fascinating (and sometimes very weird) plot. But it wasn't really until a few years ago that I actually had an idea that I would want to publish someday. The ones before that were just silly, short stories, ones that gave me practice in creating unique story-lines and awesome characters. My writing has also changed from when I was younger. It has improved tenfold. 

***

Here are some awesome writing-inspired quotes I found on Pinterest! :)

***


So, yeah. Publishing a book (hopefully more than one!) is one of the top items on my bucket list. To say I want it is an understatement. I know that if I don't ever try, I'll regret it. But as it stands, I'm only twenty. I'm still in college; hell, I'm still trying to figure out my major! I've got time yet. Not to mention, I've never actually finished one of the many books I've started. But I don't doubt that I will one day publish a book, whether traditionally or going the self-published route my mom has. :)


***

Writing isn't the only passion I have, but it's the strongest. It keeps me grounded, helps me escape from my everyday life, and gives me infinite creative freedom.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with these lines: 'Writing isn't the only passion I have, but it's the strongest. It keeps me grounded, helps me escape from my everyday life, and gives me infinite creative freedom.'

    Thanks for 'writing'this! *wink wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! It's exactly how I feel about my passion for writing. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3