Sunday, August 4, 2013

Showcase Sunday #13

Showcase Sunday is a featured weekly event hosted by Books, Biscuits, and TeaAny blogger can participate by showcasing what books or swag they received during the week--whether they were bought, downloaded, borrowed, or won.

My cousin is finally back in Michigan after seven months of working in Georgia. So, I spent a lot of time with her the last couple of days. We did so much shopping! We went to so many thrift stores, Goodwills, and bookstores that I found tons of books! I have a lot to share this week. :)

  • Betrayals by Carla Neggers. Love her books, so I'm excited to read this one!
  • Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover. I've been meaning to grab this paperback edition before the new covers are printed. I found it at Schuler's. :)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo. I've been wanting to read this one for quite some time, so I picked this one up at Schuler's also!
  • The Rossetti Letter by Christi Phillips. I found this one at a thrift store, and it sounded really good. History is one of my favorite subjects.
  • The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate. I haven't read any of her books yet. But I'm going into this one with an open mind because I've seen the way people attack her writing, and I want to judge it for myself.
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I haven't even read the first one yet, but this one only cost me 50 cents (or maybe it was a dollar). Whatever the case, it was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. It's in great condition.
  • Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant. Again, I got this one really cheap at a thrift store! It's a library edition, but I can always fix that.
  • Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephanie Meyer. I've already read this series, and at the time I read it, I enjoyed it. It's not a favorite, but I collect books. This is the only one I didn't have, it was in fantastic condition, and I got it for $2! Score! :)
***
Amazon Freebies:
  • Replacing Gentry by Julie N. Ford.
  • Dark Wine (The Two Vampires, #1) by M.D. Bowden.
NetGalley:
  • Touched by Death by Dale Mayer. 
  • Wicked Beat (Sinners on Tour, #4) by Olivia Cunning. 
  • Deceived by Julie Ann Lindsey. I passed up on this blog tour, so we'll see if I made the right choice.
  • Deeper by Blue Ashcroft. 
  • Connected (Connections, #1) by Kim Karr. I've already read this one, but I received the invitation because I'm part of the Torn blog tour! :)

This past week I reached 100 followers on my blog! (I've been using Bloglovin as the primary way to follow my blog). So I thought, what better way to celebrate than a giveaway? Click HERE to win a paperback of That Night on Thistle Lane!

What books did you receive this week? Leave me a comment with your link so I can check out your book haul! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love finding books at secondhand shops. I just downloaded Dark Wine. Here are the books I found this week. I found a lot of freebies this week as well. Here is my showcase post of this week. Feel free to check it out and say hi. :)

    http://www.thebigbookbinge.blogspot.com/2013/08/showcase-sunday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book shopping, whether it's at a high-end bookstore or a secondhand shop, is one of my favorite things to do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3