Thursday, August 8, 2013

Swoon Thursday #11

Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA Bound. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you swoon. :) Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the button below and share it on your blog. 


I skipped Swoon Thursday last week. Shame on me, I know! But with my cousin coming home from Georgia and my first giveaway happening, I just didn't have it in me to make a post. I did read some swoons, but not ones that really had my heart racing and my palms sweating. So, I decided to forgo my usual swoon post. And it's kind of making me crazy, because I may have a little OCD when it comes to blogging. I like my routine of this. :)

***

Boy, did I read some pretty swoon-worthy books in the last two weeks. I've managed to read and finish at least one book a day for the past, like, five days. It's awesome.

Honorable mentions include: Protector (Magio-Earth, #1) by Joanne Wadsworth (review, interview with the author, and giveaway for this book coming soon!), Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo, and Released (Romani Realms, #1) by Mia Fox.

But the best swoons came from Warrior (Magio-Earth, #2) by Joanne Wadsworth and Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2) by Nina Lane. <3


Swoon #1

***
“Missed you. Really missed you.” He kissed me, so fiercely I almost fainted again. He pulled back, a bare inch, his gaze darting all over me. “How do you feel? Your heart’s finally beating right. I’ve been so worried. You won’t ever do that to me again. Do you hear me?” I flicked out my hands as they tingled, as blood raced through and returned to them. Even the red patches of sunburn on the backs of my hands healed with my restored skill. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Righto, but you deserve some more lip action, and not the telling-off sort.” No sooner were the words out than he took my breath away with a soul-claiming kiss. So hot. His need swirled through me as I dug my mind deeper into my sweet spot. Oh, I was not leaving his mind, or his mouth. He stroked along my shoulders, down my sides and over my hips. My heart raced.
***
“I do?” Silas’s sword clattered to the ground as he rolled off the couch and stared at me. Then he was no longer there. He ’ported the ten feet then wrapped his arms around me like bands of steel. “Are you real?” Cupping his face in my hands, I grinned. “Kiss me and find out.” Pushing me against the wall at my back, he did, or devoured was more like it. I couldn’t think straight, and in that instant I didn’t care. I wanted him and only him. Oh sweet heaven. More. “We need privacy.” I clutched his shirtfront, my world spinning. “Bedroom. Now.”
I'm loving this series! So different and cool, and I just loved Silas' and Hope's relationship. I liked this one a lot more than Protector. :)

***
Swoon #2


***
We're kissing in the coat closet. The coat closet. I'm up against the back wall, his hands are braced on either side of my head, and his mouth is locked hot and deep against mine. My ponytail is slipping from the clasp, my fingers are gripping his shoulders, and I'm lost in the sweet, aching cascade of pleasure. Dean pushes his leg between mine, moving to pull up my knee-length dress and cup his hand around the back of my thigh. His tongue sweeps across my lower lip. Arousal billows between us, a relief after the simmering tension of the past two hours.
 ***
 "Liv, I told you once that I've never been able to start a new life. But I want to now. And I want to start it with you."

This whole book is swoon-worthy, with tender and romantic moments, full of passion and love. It was everything you could want in a contemporary romance. Nina Lane crafts such a beautifully poignant story with a couple who gives fairytale romances a run for their money. I love this series, and I love Dean and Liv. And Professor West is so amazing and just so yummy! <3

***

In July, I reached 100 followers on my blog! (I've been using Bloglovin as the primary way to follow my blog). So I thought, what better way to celebrate than a giveaway? Click HERE to win a paperback of That Night on Thistle Lane!

So what book(s) had you swooning this week? Leave me a comment so I can check out your swoony post! :) 

16 comments:

  1. OMG!! No wonder you have read so many books this week!! Those swoons are so hawt..... Awesome job girl!

    Congrats on 100 followers too..

    Here's My Swoons!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm behind on my Goodreads challenge; I've been trying to catch up. :)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh man I am LOVING those swoons!

    Also YAY for 100 followers! =D

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! Don't know these but it seems I should.

    My Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they are both really great series! :)

      Delete
  4. Great swoons. Love the cover for swoon 1. Gotta love a coat closet swoon yummy.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first swoon! He misses her :) And privacy is good :D AHHH, THE SECOND SWOON! In a coat closet! Hahaha ^_^

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there was so much more to that second swoon in the coat closet... ;) That book was all kinds of HOT! :)

      Delete
  6. Wowza...two steamy swoons on two new-to-me books! And congrats on 100 followers--that is a reason to celebrate!

    My Swoon @ Nevaeh's New Adult Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Swoons Holly! Warrior sounds like a good book! I've been wanting to read more paranormal romance lately! Thanks for sharing so many steamy scenes this week! Congrats on your 100 Followers, and Good Luck with your Goodreads Challenge :) Thanks forstopping by my Swoon!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these swoons!

    Here's My Swoon!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3