Thursday, August 15, 2013

Swoon Thursday #12

Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA Bound. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you swoon. :) Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the button below and share it on your blog. 

I'm back with another Swoon Thursday post for y'all! I have TWO swoons to share this week. <3 Ah, don't you just love Thursdays? ;)


***

Swoon #1
Meeting my gaze, he took one step forward, drew me into his arms, and brushed his lips to mine. I think our last kiss was meant to be quick and chaste, but after the first touch of his lips, fire leaped up and roared through my belly. My fingers yanked him close, digging into his back, and his arms crushed me to him as if wanting to meld us together. I knotted my fingers in his hair and bit down on his bottom lip, making him groan. His lips parted, and my tongue swept in to dance with his. There was nothing sweet or gentle in our last kiss; it was filled with sorrow and desperation, of the bitter knowledge that we could've had something perfect, but it just wasn't meant to be. 

Oh, how I love this series! 
One word: ASH. <3


***

Swoon #2 
Add to Goodreads

***
Our second kiss is gentle and passionate, tentative and hungry, all at once. My fingers thread through his curls and clasp around his head, tugging him to me. He tastes like wildflower-honey pastries inside, sweet and intoxicating. I explore his mouth, starting with his soft lips, and when he deeps the kiss, the warm cavern inside. I sigh against him, and a tremor rocks my body. He breaks away from the kiss, his dazed eyes meeting mine, making sure I'm okay before he kisses me again and again--our lips settling into the rhythm of a different dance. His thumbs draw light circles along my cheeks. I suck on his lower lip, and the moan that escapes his throat makes me ache. 

I loved this book! Cat's and Lorenzo's relationship was so sweet and... just adorable


***

Guys, I have another giveaway still going on for two ebook copies of Joanne Wadsworth's Protector! It's international! :) Click this link to enter! 


So what book(s) had you swooning this week? Leave me a comment so I can check out your swoony post! :) 

12 comments:

  1. Oooh I remember that Scene in THE IRON DAUGHTER. Oh Ash *sigh*

    Love the one from MY SUPER SWEET-SIXTEEN..gosh I've been meaning to read this book. Looks so yummy. :)

    Here is mine:

    http://cecereadandwrite.blogspot.co.at/2013/08/swoon-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Ash! <3

      Oh, and you must read My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (gosh, that's a mouthful). It's so good! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved The Iron Fey series! Ash is awesome! Love the badboy! Great swoon choice!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh The Iron Fey is one of my all time favorite series! I just love it so much! Great swoons!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is amazing! I can't wait to read The Iron Queen! :)

      Delete
  4. Two thumbs up on this list!! I love Swoon days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of Julie's books! I like that swoon though. And OMG Rachel Harris! I love all of her books - the lady knows her way around a hot swoon! Mmm, Lorenzo... I wouldn't say adorable - more like YUM :D

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Rachel Harris' books! She certainly knows how to write amazing swoons. :)

      Delete
  6. 2 Great Kissing Scenes! The first swoon was kinda sad :( I've been wanting to read both these series... Thanks for sharing Holly :) Here's my Swoon:

    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/08/swoon-thursday-31.html#comment-form

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's sad! But, it was the only one with Ash and Meghan. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3