Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #10

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 
 
This week I'm stoked to showcase one of my most highly anticipated reads of early 2014: Cress (The Lunar Chronicls, #3) by Marissa Meyer!!! :)
Expected publication date: February 4th, 2014
 
Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard.
 
In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
 
***
 
GUYS. I NEED THIS BOOK. LIKE, RIGHT NOW. I can't even.. FEBRUARY 2014?!?!?!?  
Are you positively sure you can't give it to me now, Marissa Meyer?
Like, really positive?
Good Lord, how am I supposed to wait six more months for the continuation of one of my favorite series ever?
 
 
If you haven't read this series yet, I just have three words to say to you.  
DO. IT. NOW. 
It's fantastic. It won't disappoint!
 
 
Guys, check out the first chapter of it here.
Read it, then come back to bask in the misery of waiting with me. ;)
You know, I'm really not the most patient person. Haha.
 
***
 
In July, I reached 100 followers on my blog! (I've been using Bloglovin as the primary way to follow my blog). So I thought, what better way to celebrate than a giveaway? Click HERE to win a paperback of That Night on Thistle Lane!
 
So, what book are you anxiously awaiting the release date of? Leave me a comment with your WOW link so I can check it out! :)

18 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one! I love this series so much.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually crazy beautiful. I've been meaning to read this series for so long! Man, I need to get started.

    My WoW
    Amber @ My Bookshelf Is Hungry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should read it soon! It's amazing. :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on reaching 100 members! It feels really nice, doesn't it?

    Anyway, I can't wait for Cress. The Lunar Chronicles is such a great series. And I absolutely LOVE the cover.

    My WoW: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-no-one-else-can.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does feel really good. :)

      Right? I think this may be my favorite cover of this series! :)

      Delete
  4. I really adore this cover. I think it's the best Rapunzel-looking one I've seen. I also like that it's so similar to the covers to the other books in this series too. Nice choice and thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! I can't wait for this either : )

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES, YES and YES!
    Great choice I have been looking forward to this for so long!

    Anyways besides your good taste in Wow books aha, I’ve been reading for posts and I seriously put 4 books in my TBR shelve so thank you for that!

    I’m a new blogger and would really appreciate it if you would check out my WOW and followed my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you enjoy the books that you added to your TBR shelf. Nothing is greater than someone like a book that you recommend, whether directly or indirectly. :)

      Delete
  7. A great cover and pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the first book yet, but I really really want to. My huge pile of TBR books is preventing me :(
    Waiting on Wednesday
    The Guys are Props Club - 5-star review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a huge TBR pile also. I doubt I'll ever get to reading all of those books. :(

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3