Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #11

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm "waiting on" Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2) by Kresley Cole!
Expected publication date: October 1st, 2013!!

In the second book of the Arcana Chronicles Evie has now fully come into her powers as the tarot Empress. And Jackson was there to see it all. In the aftermath of killing Arthur, the tarot Alchemist, Evie realizes that a war is brewing between the other teens that, following the apocalypse, have been given powers and its kill or be killed. 

Things get even more complicated when Evie meets Death, the mysterious, sexy Endless Knight. Somehow the Empress and Death share a romantic history - one that Evie can't remember, but Death can't forget. She is drawn to the Endless Knight, but is in love with Jack. Determined to discover why she's been granted these powers, Evie struggles to accept her place in a prophecy that will either save the world, or completely destroy it.

***

Why am I waiting for this one?

I absolutely adored the first book in the series, Poison Princess! It was so creative and original, an excellent mix of post-apocalyptic and fantasy. I loved Jackson and Evie's relationship, and I loved how it centered on the Tarot cards. I'm so excited for what's to come in Endless Knight!! :)

What book are you anxiously awaiting the release of? Leave me a comment so I can check out your WOW! :)

6 comments:

  1. I am sooooo behind on my Kresley Cole reading. After I catch up on her IAD series I'm definitely checking out Poison Princess. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poison Princess was actually the first book I read of hers, and it won't be the last! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG!! Love the cover, love the book, awesome author!! I'm adding this to my TBR list for sure!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually wasn't the biggest fan of the first book, but I think I will read this one because I did like the ideas behind the book.
    However, I have to say this cover is not doing much for me. Those two people look oddly photoshopped onto the background.
    I hope you'll like it when you get to read it! :)
    Happy reading!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you didn't like it so much, but I hope the second book turns your opinion around. And yeah, I'm not too thrilled about this cover, either.

      Delete
  4. Great cover, nice pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesdy.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3