Saturday, October 19, 2013

Mid-Fall Rundown

Yup, I just called my post title the 'Mid-Fall Rundown.'  It's totally random, but that's me. :P

Okay, so I've been wanting to make an updates post for awhile now, where I just talk about the most random shit I can think of. But, I haven't had time. Like, literally no time. I've barely had time to read for fun, let alone blog. And it's a good thing I finally figured out how to schedule my posts ahead. It's my new favorite button when I push publish. ;) 

All in all, I'm trying to cut back on blog tours and release day launches. I've cut getting my reviews done on time very close sometimes. I'm currently reading Burn (Spark, #2) by Brooke Cumberland for my blog tour stop on the 25th. I still have yet to read Off Chance (Off, #5) by Sawyer Bennett for the release day launch, and I haven't started The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3) by Rachel Morgan for my blog tour stop on the 28th. ...yeah, like I said, I'm behind. Well, technically I'm still ahead. But getting them done early will guarantee a better review, and it also helps when I have to email the blog hosts and tell them I can't give my review at least 3 stars. With the two above, I doubt that'll happen. But, still. If I get them done early, I don't have to worry about them.

I'M NOT COMPLAINING! I love what I do as a blogger. And I love promoting authors by doing things like this. But I didn't expect this semester to be so friggin' demanding that I'd have to squeeze in time to read. However, I'm doing loads better at managing my time. :)

***

Get ready...

MY ONE-YEAR BLOGOVERSARY IS IN 17 DAYS!!!!!!!!! Yup, I've been at this for a whole year already! I actually didn't make this into a book blog until May, and I didn't blog that much until then. I know I'm doing a giveaway--I just wanna make it cool and fun. And I totally wanna give away some books. So...

I can't wait to celebrate with y'all! :)

***

So, this happened...

I have a grievance, guys. So, um, awhile back I read Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #1) by Cassia Leo, and I LOVED it! I loved it enough to join her street team, Relentless Readers. A couple weeks ago, Cassia posted in the group about a name change and also a clean-up (you know, for the people who join groups and then turn off notifications). She gave us a quiz to do about her three series. So, I did it. ...and I never got added to the new group. I get that she has to clean out the members who are just in it for the perks, I do. But I've been a fan of hers ever since I first read her book. I guess I should've just answered for the only series I've read. Actually, I still haven't read Bring Me Home, which is the final book in her Shattered Hearts series. I have it on my Kindle; I just haven't had the time to read it. And quite honestly, it's not high on my to-read list. But, anyway, I guess my answers weren't good enough. I'm sorry that I haven't finished at least one series of hers. And I guess that wasn't good enough for her new street team group. That's okay, though. That gives me the chance to devote more of my time to being part of the Flirt Squad and Bennett's Babes. Two authors whose books I'd read over Cassia Leo's any day. Okay, okay, I'll still read her books. I'm just pretty pissed off that she wanted only people who have read and finished at least one of her series. Hers was the first street team I'd ever joined, and I liked it. I'm sad that I can't be a part of it anymore.

So, anyway, I have Flirt Squad challenges to do throughout the next couple of weeks. I will also be working with Bennett's Babes, because Off Chance comes out on the 21st. My two street teams will be keeping me very busy for awhile. :)

***

In other news...

GUYS. GUYS. 
COLLEEN HOOVER WROTE BACK TO ME!!! I'm still fangirling about it. Not only did she read my comment in the fan group, but she replied! *happy dance* :) 
This is just so amazing! 

***

Book love time... :)

Okay, so if you've read the A to Z bookish survey that I did or read my reviews of the Archers of Avalon series, you'd know that I'm a huge fan of Chelsea Fine. I love her books, and I've been checking for news about a new one from her. She just signed a three-book deal with a publishing company, and the first book in her new NA series will be coming out on March 4th, 2014! I wish it wasn't so far away! Anyway, here is the cover for Best Kind of Broken!!
Isn't this gorgeous?

Seriously, if you haven't read any of her books yet, you should. :)

Also, I just reviewed a book called Bound by Night by Larissa Ione. If you love vampire books, I definitely recommend it! And if you like my reviews, why not friend me on Goodreads? I love talking to fellow bookworms about my favorite reads. :)

Honestly, this post is in no way organized or in any particular order. I just had a few random updates (and a grievance) to talk about. I'm sure, at some point, I will finally post my bookish habits that I've been working on. I will also have more reviews to write in the next few weeks, as well as some blog tour stops. I don't have any exams this week (WOOHOOOOOOO!) and hopefully I won't have too much homework. Most of my homework is reading, though, so it's not so bad. ;) 

Maybe I'll finally be able to catch up on all the TV shows I'm watching right now. :P

***

In closing...

October has been flying by, and I can't believe the semester is almost done. Here's to counting down the days until Christmas break! :)