Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Recap, November News, and a Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween, my wonderful followers! 

Do you love celebrating Halloween? What kinds of traditions do you have for this spooky holiday?

I'm actually not a big fan of this holiday. *gasps* I've never liked dressing up. C'mon, I was the Statue of Liberty three years running. Haha. And I've also never cared for going around and begging for candy, although I do really, really love candy! I just eat the leftovers that we have after we get only about a dozen trick-or-treaters and the holiday is over. We always have plenty of extra. ;)

However, I loooooooove spooky movies and spooky books! My favorite Halloween movie ever is Hocus Pocus! <3
Amen, sista! 
Damn it, Max. You shouldn't have said that!
Haha. Sarah Jessica Parker was perfect for this role.
AWWWWW.

Okay, I'm done. I swear! :P

I watch a lot of other Halloween movies, but this one I watch every single year. Except, I haven't seen it yet this October. Ahhhh! (I'm slacking). 

Spooky Books:
I love spooky books! I love books that are suspenseful and scary; maybe even supernatural. Here are some spooky reads that I've either read and highly recommend or am impatiently waiting to read. 

***

October Recap:
I've had a pretty exciting month. And, by that I mean, I signed my major!!!!!!!! I'm officially a Psychology major, and I'm so excited to finally have my life figured out (well, some of it). I have a few more things to think about, but other than that, I just need to get done as soon as I can! I really want to be out of school. 

So, this month I had five blog tours. They all included reviews:
  • Tease for the Take It Off series blog tour by Cambria Hebert. Also included in this post is an exclusive author interview!
  • Torn by Kim Karr. LOVE THIS SERIES! :)
  • Burn by Brooke Cumberland. Check out my 4 star review!
  • Seven Day Fiance by Rachel Harris. Huge, huge fan of hers! I also have an exclusive author interview in this post, as well as a sneak peek kissing scene between Cat and Lucas from her upcoming e-book, My Not So Super Sweet Life. :)
  • The Faerie War by Rachel Morgan. Love this series so much
I also reviewed one NetGalley book, Bound by Night and I wrote a blog post about my feelings on the ending of Allegiant. If you want to know my thoughts on the most highly anticipated 2013 read, then check out my post! However, steer clear if you haven't yet read Allegiant, because there are tons of spoilers.

Have you read Allegiant yet? If so, what did you think of it?! I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks! I've been reading a lot from other people on Goodreads, as well as Amazon. How about you, blogger friends?

It seems to me that there are TONS of different opinions, and that's GREAT! Books that can create this much stir are truly special. <3

***

November News:
Again, this month I have FOUR blog tours! I do believe that four is a good number for hosting blog tours in a month. I know that in October I was scrambling to finish the books when I had three posts in three days. Gah! Okay, so here's what I'm signed up for:
  • November 2nd: Daughter of Isis by Kelsey Ketch. This is her debut novel! I'm actually currently reading it, and while I'm enjoying it, I'm waiting for more to happen. 
  • November 8th: A Graceful Mess by Nacole Stayton. I've never read any of her books, but this sounds amazing!
  • November 13th: Text by Cambria Hebert. Gosh, I'm a fan of this woman's writing.
  • November 23rd: Soar by Alyssa Rose Ivy. Ah, I LOVED her Crescent Chronicles series, so I'm super excited for this new Pteron series from her! I can't wait for more Jared. ;)
As you can see, I'm excited for all of these books. Check back on the day I'm supposed to be posting so you can read my reviews! :) Also, add me on Goodreads! I love chatting with fellow bookworms and doing buddy reads. 

***

I don't have a monthly poll for y'all. Partly because I don't have a burning bookish question for fellow readers. And partly because I just wanna talk about ALLEGIANT! I still can't stop thinking about this book even though I finished it days ago. So, please, enlighten me on your opinions! I'd love to get more perspectives. :)

Uh, let's see. What else? Oh, Thanksgiving is coming up! I'm so excited because I get to see my cousins. And, you know, the food is excellent. I can almost taste my Aunt Mindy's dinner rolls. Mhmmm. ;)

Oh, I almost forgot; my FIRST blogoversary is in 5 days! I don't exactly know what I'm doing yet, but I do know I'm celebrating by giving away books! Why? Well, I have way too many. And what better way to get rid of them than by giving them away to readers who will love them and cherish them? Right, so I'm still thinking up something. It'll probably just be a simple giveaway in celebration, but I could try to make it fun. Look for my post sometime in the next two weeks! Okay?! :P

***

In closing...,

Keep reading, reading, reading. :)