Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Recap, October News

September Recap:

So, I'm late in posting this. Again. Usually I like to recap at the end of the month, but I have been so incredibly busy that I haven't been able to find much time to read for fun, let alone blog. I haven't been keeping up with my NetGalley Reading Challenge, and because of my overwhelming semester, I took my Goodreads Challenge down to 150. I thought that would be an easier goal to reach than 200, and that way I'm also not rushing to read over 80 books in the next three months. I know it's just a fun challenge, but I don't like giving up, nor backing down. I still plan to read as much as I can, but 150 is a much more realistic goal (I feel like I'm cheating bringing it down, but I'm still going to finish it!). In either case, whatever free time I do find, I'm always reading. :)

So, what have I been doing this past month? SCHOOL. HOMEWORK. Seriously, though, it's like alllll I've been doing. I didn't think this semester would be so demanding, but it is. I'm stressed, overwhelmed, and I have to sign my major this semester (which is giving me even more anxiety). In either case, you won't see me blogging much. If you're my friend on Goodreads, you'll probably notice me not reading that much, either. Like I said, this semester is demanding. And difficult. And I haven't gotten into the groove of it yet. But I've been getting better at figuring out what works for me and how to pace myself. Hopefully this month will be easier.

Here are some of the reviews I managed to blog about in September:

October News:

This month I have so many blog tours, release day events, and reviews to do. I'm not going to be reading many books besides the ones that I have to for the time being. Although I'm reading Of Beast and Beauty, and totally hooked, I'm just going to have to put it away until like November. :( However, I am on some amazing blog tours, as well as received ARCs for some books that I've been wanting to read. 

Here is the blog tour lineup I've got this month!
  • October 5th: Take It Off series by Cambria Hebert. Be sure to check out my post, as I will have an exclusive interview with the author! 
  • October 11th: Torn by Kim Karr! I'm so glad I'm a part of this one. :)
  • October 25th: Burn by Brooke Cumberland. 
  • October 26th: Seven Day Fiancé by Rachel Harris. Love her books! Check out my tour stop for an exclusive author interview! :)
  • October 28th: The Faerie War by Rachel Morgan.
I am loving doing blog tours! <3

***

Hm, what else is there? Oh, I know! I totally need to mention October book releases that I'm excited about! 
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth. October 22nd. Dude, I don't even think I need to mention how excited I am. On a scale of 1-10, it's an 11. I can't wait to see how Roth ends one of my favorite series. :)
  • Torn (Connections, #2) by Kim Karr. October 1st. Read this. Loved it. Can't wait to share my review with y'all. 
  • Red Hill by Jamie McGuire. October 1st. Zombie apocalypse standalone with romance? Count. Me. In. 
  • Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games, #2) by Rachel Harris. October 14th. I love all of her books, so I'm sure I'm gonna love this one. Gah, I love Cane! <3
  • The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3) by Rachel Morgan. October 21st. I really, really love this series, so I'm excited to see how she ends it. These characters have grown on me.
  • Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis, #1) by Kelsey Ketch. October 26th. This is her debut novel, so I may just have a new favorite author soon... :) 
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2) by Kresley Cole. October 1st. Ahhhh, I didn't realize it's already out! Must. Read. This. I absolutely loved The Poison Princess, so I'm stoked for this sequel!
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2) by Julie Kagawa. October 29th. I still have yet to finish her Iron Fey series, as well as read The Lost Prince, but I plan on doing this soon. I have this one from NetGalley. :)
  • Perfect Ruin (The Internment Chronicles, #1) by Lauren DeStefano. October 1st. I haven't yet read her Chemical Garden series, but this one sounds really good!
  • Teardrop (Teardrop, #1) by Lauren Kate. October 22nd. I still have yet to read a Lauren Kate novel (Kinda nervous to because of all the negative criticism she gets toward her books). I do have Natale Hargrove, so I'm planning on reading one of hers soon. Just not right now. However, this sounds fantastic. And that cover is gorgeous! 
  • The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney. October 8th. This just sounds amazing! That cover is beautiful, and the synopsis has me intrigued. I'm so excited for this one! 
Wow, I didn't realize how many exciting new releases there were this month! I must read all of these... :)

Anyway, I really need to end this post. I have to catch up on this episode of Grey's Anatomy, and then I need to finish my Spanish composition (ugh, kill me). One more test this week, phew! And thank God I don't have Friday classes. Also, I joined Sawyer Bennett's street team, Bennett Babes! I love her books, and I'm excited to be a part of another amazing author's street team. :) Oh, and I forgot to mention this, but I'm planning my blogoversary for November. I'm really excited, guys... ;)

I miss blogging. I miss being able to chat with fellow bookworms. So, I promise to start posting more often! Thanks for sticking with me, guys!