Friday, November 15, 2013

Liebster Award!

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award!!! :)

The Liebster Award is a way to help blogs you like with less than 200 followers to expand their audience. It's a way to give them some deserved attention, so our followers can discover them as well. If you want to know more about the award, click here

I was nominated by TWO bloggers! Thank you Amber (My Bookshelf Is Hungry) and Angelica (Life Is Reading) for nominating me! :) Because of being nominated twice, I chose five questions from both these bloggers' lists to answer. 
<3

The Rules:
*Link back to the person who nominated you and answer the questions that they've asked.
*Nominate 10 other bloggers.
*Ask your nominees 10 questions
*Let your nominees know about their award.

***

My Answers:

From Amber:

1. What was your favorite series of the past year?
My favorite series has been the Archers of Avalon series by Chelsea Fine. After I finished the series, I had a major, MAJOR book hangover. 

2. Have you quit a book recently? If so, what was it's name and why'd you quit it?
Yes, it was Bring Me Home by Cassia Leo. I've been meaning to finish this series, but at the time I started it, I was behind on books that I had to read for review. So, I decided to set it aside for a time when I can give it all my attention. 

3. What is the largest amount of books that you've bought at one time?
Oh gosh, I don't even remember. I always manage to find tons of books at thrift stores and Goodwills. Probably the largest amount I've ever bought at one time is 8. 

4. What are your favorite reading spots?
My bed. It's the only place I'll read. However, I have been bringing my Kindle with me so I can read in between my classes. :)

5. What author would you love to meet? Why?
This is a hard question! However, Nora Roberts is my favorite author of all-time. I would absolutely love to meet her in person someday! 

From Angelica:

6. Do you find blogging to be challenging at times?
Oh, yes. As a full-time college student, I've had difficulty finding enough time to blog. It's hard when I have tons of books to review (though, I'm caught up now). And sometimes it's hard to find something to say, find something interesting to write about. I get writer's block when I blog, too.

7. Do you have any weird reading habits?
Haha, probably. I don't know if they're weird so much as random habits. I always have to have music on when I read, though I can't sing along at the same time. I only read in bed. And I also have a notebook near me when I read, so I can write down quotes I want to save, words I want to look up, and any other random information from the books. I probably have ten to twenty notebooks in my room just filled with quotes.

8. Book you would love to see on the big screen?
I would LOVE to see Chelsea Fine's Archers of Avalon series on the big screen! Honestly, I don't know how it'd be made, considering how the flashbacks are in the second and third books. But I love this series so much, and I think it'd be a cool movie series! Or... maybe I just wanna see Tristan Archer on the big screen. Haha. ;)

9. Do you prefer series or stand-alones?
I don't have a preference. On the one hand, I love standalones because the book is done and over by the epilogue. Also, I don't have to wait so long for sequels. On the other hand, I prefer a series because, if I'm falling in love with the characters and the world they're living in, I won't want to leave it. I won't want it to end. I also think you get a lot more world-building, character development, and quality. 

10. What would your dream job be?
My dream job: Author. 100%, absolutely, I'd love to be an author. I love writing; it's always been a passion of mine. I want to tell people stories, create lovable characters. I want to give people an escape from their everyday, mundane lives. I want to give them what books have given me over the years. However, I don't know if it'll ever happen, because I've never been able to finish a novel. But I would love to, and if I could make a living off of writing, I would. It's just not ideal.

***


My Questions:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. Love triangles: yay or nay?
3. What's your favorite genre to read?
4. What book or series would you recommend everyone read?
5. Who is your favorite book boyfriend?
6. What's the best book you've read so far in 2013?
7. If you had to pick, what world would you want to live in the most?
8. If you could hang out with one character for the day, who would it be?
9. Who is your favorite heroine?
10. Why do you love blogging?

I'm so honored to be nominated for this! Thank you! :)

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Holly! And thank you so much for nominating Mina's Bookshelf <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for nominating my blog Reading After Sunset and congrats on being nominated yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating my blog, YA Book Reviews. You have now made my whole year :) Also, congratulations on being nominated yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! And thanks. :)

      Delete
    2. http://reviewsofyabooks.blogspot.ca/2013/11/liebster-blog-award.html

      Here is my post! Thank you sooo much again!

      Delete
    3. Thank for linking back to me! :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your nomination Holly! Thank you so much for thinking of Mo_Books :D Sadly I won't be able to to accept. My blog won't have much activity until my laptop gets replaced at christmas :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Monique, I think you can accept the nomination anytime. I know it took me like a month to finally post about it (I hope that wasn't too late! Lol). But you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Holly! Thank you for the Liebster Award Nominations http://minadecaro.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award-nominations.html
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3