Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Recap, December News

Holy. Shit. 
Another month has flown by and I can hardly believe it. Where did the time go? No, seriously, what happened to it? It feels like November just got here. And now I'm studying for finals and thinking about Christmas. Actually, I think about Christmas a lot because it's my favorite holiday. Except Christmas music, because I hate it. Yeah, I know. I'm a grinch, right? #whatever

My God, I can't believe another semester is pretty much over with. I'm halfway through my "sophomore" year. Technically, I'll be a junior next semester because of how many credits I have. However, I'm still calling myself a sophomore. I don't know if you guys know this, but I have my major SIGNED! Woohooooo! I'm officially a psychology major. And I'm so excited for my Studies in Personality class next semester. Haha, it's gonna be so MUCH FUN! Also. I got a job!!!!!!!!!! This is my first real job, and I couldn't be happier! I'll be working at CMU's library starting January 6th! :) :) :)

Anyway, I feel like things are starting to fall in place. Next semester will be all about my psych major, and I'll be doing a lot of research on careers and internships, as well as volunteer opportunities. I'm thinking long term, and I can't wait to get my life in order! Here's to being an adult. ;)

***

I've read quite a bit this month. I had four blog tours. Daughter of IsisA Graceful MessText, and Soar. Soar was by far my favorite of the four. I can't wait for the next book in the series! Some of my other reviews this month include: Pastels and Jingle BellsDark WitchTimespellPawnOf Beast and BeautyNightmare, and White Trash Beautiful. Dark Witch, Of Beast and Beauty, and Pawn were my favorites of this month. Loved them all! Timespell was very great, and White Trash Beautiful was my least favorite. It was my first Teresa Mummert read, and I was sorely disappointed with it! If you ever want to check out my reviews, go to "My Reviews" tab. I cleaned it up, and my reviews are arranged in alphabetical order! 

I also had my second giveaway this month! I reached my first blogoversary on November 4th, and in celebration, I gave away a Kate Ellison book prize pack. :)

***

December News:

Woohoo! I'M SO EXCITED DECEMBER IS HERE!!! Why? Christmas is my favorite holiday! I love everything about it: shopping for presents, giving people gifts, putting up the tree and decorating it, all the pretty lights, the Christmas movies and books, and the snow! I still have yet to give my mom a Christmas list (guys, I'm never this late with it), but I did make a Christmas wishlist shelf on Goodreads. Oh yes, I did. :P 

This month, I only have a release day launch and a cover reveal to do. YES. :) Guys, I love blogging, and I love doing blog tours and taking on review requests. But I'm so damn busy all of the time with school that I have to make room for books. And I've never had to make room for books! I've done so well with not procrastinating on my homework, and I don't want that to change! But I miss blogging a lot. I rarely do it that much anymore. BUT, I'm planning on tackling my impressive (and by impressive, I mean HUGE) NetGalley list this month. I will read other books, but those will be my main focus. I did get 2 done this month, but I need to start reviewing them more often. 

What else am I missing? OH! December new releases! I actually don't know many books that are coming out this month, but here's the list of ones I want to read:
  • December 10th. Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2) by J.A. Redmerski. I haven't read this first book, but I have it on my Kindle. Though, I'm sure I'll love this series because this is the same author who brought me The Edge of Never, which I loved.
  • December 10th. These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. I've heard so many amazing things about this book already! I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi, but I really want to read this!
  • December 17th. Fireblood (Fireblood, #1) by Trisha Wolfe. I've only read one of her books--The Darkest Part, which is AMAZING! This sounds equally as amazing--Camelot, knights, fantasy? COUNT. ME. IN. :)
  • December 31st. The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine. I've heard mixed things about this book, but I still want to read it.
  • December 2013. Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher. I've never read any of her books, but this sounds AMAZING! I've been reading more dark novels, and I'm excited for it. :)
This sounds like a great list! I can't wait for these books. :)

***

Signing off now. I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And I hope you guys have an equally as wonderful Christmas! :) :)