Sunday, December 22, 2013

Top 10 Sequels I'm DYING to Read

Guys, I have this problem. I start a lot of series, but I rarely ever finish them. I still haven't read The Iron Knight so I can move onto Julie Kagawa's other Iron Fey series. I've had opportunities to finish it, too. I just, I'm always scared to end a series. Or to keep going in one. Many series suffer from second book syndrome, while others have such a poor ending (Allegiant, anyone?). But there are many books coming out in 2014 that are part of amazing series that I love. I seriously can't wait to read them!

So, I wanted to create a post about the 2014 sequels that I'm dying, DYING to get my hands on. I was trying to be creative with this title, but I don't know if it did its job. Haha. Anyway, these are the top 10 sequels that I would give anything to read right this minute. I WANT THEM SO BADLY!!! 


***

ARCs I have of 2014 sequels that I'll be reading in the next few weeks:
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3) by Nina Lane. This series is one of my absolute favorites. I'm sad it's ending, but I'm so excited for more of Dean and Liv's story! I'm glad I'm on the blog tour.<3 <3 
  • Evertrue (Everneath, #3) by Brodi Ashton. I won a copy of this from Crossroads Reviews! I'm so happy, because I NEED to read this. I should be able to start it soon, after I finish some review books. :)

Honorable mentions: 
Chained by Night by Larissa Ione and Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger. I loved these books, so I'm really excited for the sequels. They are just not at the top of my list. Also looking forward to Mortal Hearts by R.L. LaFevers. And if I ever get to reading the sequel to Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, I'm sure I'll be adding Ruin and Rising to this list. :)

And, here they are, my top 10 sequels that I'm DYING to read:


10.
Her Dark Curiosity.

9.
Unhinged.

8.
Fighting for Infinity.
No cover yet, sadly! :( 
This is part of the Kindrily series by Karen Amanda Hooper, btw. :)

7.
 Erased.  

6.
Shadow Spell.

5.
Descent.
This is not the final cover! It's just, you know, missing the models. :P

4.
Cress.

3.
Dreams of Gods & Monsters.

2.
The Raven Boys #3.  
Yet another cover I wish to see so terribly!
This is the third book in the Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater, btw. :)

1.
Into the Still Blue.
Number one on my list, fo sho. I fucking love this series. <3 <3

***

I'd go into the details about why I want these 10 books so much, but they'd each be a paragraph long explaining how much I love the series. And I love all ten of these series. Some are ending, but most are still in the middle stages. I JUST... I NEED THEM RIGHT NOW!!!


***

So, what sequels are YOU dying to read? Do you ever get nervous that they won't be as amazing as their predecessors? :)

4 comments:

  1. You haven't read The Iron Knight?? I seriously loved it. :) When I saw the covers for a lot of these books on your list, I almost died because the wait it just wayyy too long. At the same time, I am scared of disappointment because I can't count how many times I was letdown by sequels this year :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. I seriously need to read that book. In my defense, the library hasn't had it the last few times I've gone. Haha. :P Thank God most of these come out in the early months, like January, February, and March!

      One really let me down, and that was Allegiant. So, it's made me nervous now, especially if it's a pretty popular book (like Into the Still Blue, Dreams of Gods & Monsters, and Cress). I sure they don't disappoint! :)

      Delete
  2. Even I'm dying to read Unhinged. I haven't even read Splintered yet! (I tend to get excited about sequels of books I haven't read yet.) I'm also looking forward to reading Into the Still Blue and Her Dark Curiosity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Splintered is AMAZING! A wonderful and dark retelling of Alice in Wonderland. I hope you get the chance to read it soon! :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3