Thursday, January 2, 2014

Looking Back on 2013

What a year this has been! 2013 was full of changes for me, new friendships, and new goals. I figured out that I wanted to major in psychology and that I wanted to become a school psychologist/counselor. I got my first real job at CMU's library, and I start work there this semester. I made amazing, lifelong friends my first year at college and living in the dorms that I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't met them. They are the fucking best friends a girl could ask for. I also decided to make this awesome page into a book blog in May, and I love it! I never thought I'd like reviewing books, but I actually like it now because it makes me think about things I otherwise would have ignored. And I've found so many "new" authors through this blog, as well as some amazing books that I never would have read otherwise. Some were gems, others were.. disasters. But I really like being a book blogger, and I'm excited for what 2014 will bring!

Firstly, I want to get back to doing weekly memes (like WoW and Swoon Thursday). Because of school, I haven't had any time to do them. And I miss them! Especially ST; it's my favorite. :) But yeah, I always loved doing them and then seeing what others posted. I want to get back to that.

Secondly, I want to start commenting more on other people's blogs. I feel like I haven't done any of that since I started. And I always feel good when I get a comment on one of my blog posts, so I want to start returning the favor. :)

Lastly, I want to start putting up more reviews on my blog, instead of just the ones for my NetGalley and Edelweiss reads, and the ones I receive from authors for review. And I want to bring back more lively bookish discussions. I did a few "Let's Talk" posts, but nobody ever commented, so I stopped. It was a one-way conversation with myself, but that could also be because when I did them, I didn't have any followers. But I'm bringing them back! I have loads of shit to talk about! 

I also have many other goals for 2014, but I don't want to relist them, so here's the post! http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/11/first-blogoversary-giveaway.html


***

I've read so many amazing books, so if you want to know my favorites, check out my best of 2013 blog post! Also, the "My Reviews" tab is all updated and it's alphabetized by the book title. :)

Okay, so looking back on 2013, I think I've accomplished a lot as a blogger. I have some awesome followers. I'm on 3 street teams. I've actually been emailed about doing reviews for authors. And Goodreads is like my favorite website now. I hope to continue doing more amazing things on my blog in 2014! Here's to another great year. :)