Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Recap, February News

Wow. Another month has gone on by. Not just any other month; the first month of a new year. It's hard to believe it. I still feel like 2014 just started, like I haven't just wasted another month of not doing what I wanted. A month of our new year has already come and gone, and I don't have much to show for it. 

Let's see, spring semester started back up. It's already stressed me out enough, but now it's getting better. I didn't even know what classes I wanted until the first week (which is why it was stressful, because I don't like being unprepared). I've been working, and I got my first paycheck this week! Oh, it feels so fantastic. :) And I was diagnosed with bronchitis last Sunday, so I've been taking meds and trying to recuperate. All in all, January has kind of just.. sucked.

I'm looking forward to a better and brighter month. So, February, please be kind to me. :)


***

A month in reviews:

♪ Ephemeral
♪ Patch Up
♪ Awaken
♪ Evertrue
♪ Salt

Patch Up was by far my least favorite; it only received 2 stars from me. If you want to read a beautifully and emotionally riveting story about sexual assault, read Easy by Tammara Webber. It's 100 times better.

My favorite was definitely Evertrue (though I did read Into the Still Blue, and I have to say, that's one of the best series endings I've ever read). Anyway, the Everneath series was one of my favorites, and I loved the conclusion. It was epic, heartbreaking, and beautiful. Many people are unhappy with it, but personally, I thought it was perfect.

***

February News:
Like I said, January sucked. So, I'm really looking forward to this new month. :)

I'm back on a 4 blog tour month!! That usually always ends up being the amount that I have in a month, but in January, there were only 3. I didn't even like 2 of the books, which is surprising, considering one of them was by Alyssa Rose Ivy. I generally like her books, but I thought Shaken Not Stirred boring. The other one was Stealing Promises (see "a month in reviews" above), which seriously sucked. I hated everything about it. 

Anyway, my lineup this month includes:

 February 7th: In the Lyrics by Nacole Stayton. I really liked another book of hers, so I'm excited to read this one. I plan on starting it this weekend. :)
February 15th: The Deep End of the Sea by Heather Lyons. I LOVED this book! Be on the lookout for my review. 
February 21st: Tricks by Cambria Hebert. It's no surprise that I love this author. Whenever she has a new book tour, I always sign up. I can't wait to read this one!
February 28th: On the Rocks by Sawyer Bennett. Yes, I'm so excited she finally has another contemporary romance standalone series! I can't wait to dive in with another set of characters. :)

Hopefully, I won't have to rush all of these reviews. My semester is pretty demanding, again, but it's actually really doable. I have time; I just have morning classes, so I head to bed early. Well, early for me. ;) No more reading till like 2 in the morning. *sighs* It's horrible!


***

There's not much else to say, except I just hope that February is better. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awh! I'm sorry that January sucked for you, I hope you get well soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I'm feeling loads better right now. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3