Friday, April 4, 2014

Dazed by Kim Karr Blog Tour and Review


DAZED SYNOPSIS:
Jagger Kennedy never went looking for fame, he just fell into it. After scoring a major modeling contract, his clean-cut good looks and charm catapulted his career. But when his actress girlfriend breaks his heart, he moves to L.A. to try his hand at acting. He’s not looking for love—he just needs to make a change.

Aerie Daniels is a woman in control … until she meets Jagger. Her surprising connection with him leaves her dazed and it’s unlike anything she’s ever felt. But just when she lets her walls fall, she makes a startling discovery about Jagger that breaks her fragile heart into a million pieces.
To keep from losing the woman who’s changing his world, Jagger is willing to give up anything—including his career. But even that might not be enough to regain Aerie’s shattered trust…

DAZED IN GENERAL:
Dazed is a Connections Series Novella but it not necessary to read Connected and Torn prior to reading this. Also it has a beginning, a middle, and an end :)

DAZED LINKS:
 AMAZON - http://amzn.to/1hwLS9g
 iTUNES - http://bit.ly/1a4JC3T


***


My Review!

I really loved this novella! It was sweet and sexy, just a light, fun read to tie readers over until the next book in the Connections series, Mended, is out. This novella was about Aerie Daniels, Dahlia's best friend, and River's cousin Jagger. And I just loved this addition to the Connections series! :)


Rating: 4 Sweet and Sexy Stars!

I've always been curious about Aerie, ever since she stepped on the pages of the first book. She's been an amazing best friend to Dahlia; they've been through everything together. But we still barely know anything about her. And I wanted to know more. Somehow, though, I was under the impression that Aerie was a socialite, big on fashion, and not intimidated by men. But in reality, she's a quiet introvert who has OCD and who has been burned by her first love so badly that it shapes her attitude about men. I really enjoyed her POV. Her personality is easily likable, and I loved her character development throughout the book.

Jagger was so sweet! He's definitely part of the Wilde family, as he's incredibly hot, funny, and charming. ;) I loved how he and Aerie meet, and I love how their relationship developed from there. It was sweet and sexy: the best of both worlds. And I love how Kim did not overplay the *wee* bit of drama near the end. It showed Aerie that Jagger could truly be trusted and that she'd be a fool to lose this chance at happiness. And it showed Jagger that Aerie is the only one he'll ever want, even though he already knew that. He was so confident in their love, and that was adorable. And yes, I thought the love that developed between them was genuine and romantic, even though it was a short story. 

I loved seeing River and Dahlia again! I've missed these two so much. <3

I'm always nervous when it comes to novellas, because I feel like there's never enough story for true character development to shine through. And they always leave me wanting more. But I thought this novella easily captured the chemistry between the two main characters, made me connect with Aerie, and effectively ended on a happy note. There wasn't much I didn't like about Dazed. Wonderful addition to the Connections series! :)


***


ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Kim Karr
***


2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm always nervous about novellas too but I've read some wonderful ones lately. Jagger is such a funny name haha, but all the characters seem to have unique names in this series. Wonderful review Holly! xx

    Joy @ Thoughts By J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha, I love his name! :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3