Saturday, April 5, 2014

March Recap, April News

Recap Time:
So, this month has been pretty crazy. It was my birthday. I had spring break. I saw Divergent. I went to a musical. And I also went to the Lee Brice/Keith Anderson concert that CMU put on last weekend! It has been a thrill ride since the month started, and I've actually been being more social. Haha. What? When you love to read so much, you tend to forget about the people in your life. Which is not always a good thing...

But seriously, I have an addiction. You guys understand, don't you? I've been buying books like crazy lately, and I've also been requesting ones from NG like no other. Participating in the NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge @ Falling For Ya has been helping me knock down my NG reading list considerably. But I'm still requesting more than I can read at a time. I need advice! HELP.


A month in reviews!

1. Addicted to You by Krista and Becca Ritchie.
2. Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine.
3. Knight Assassin by Rima Jean.
4. Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert.
5. Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott.
6. Rematch by Janine Caldwell
7. Double Fault by Janine Caldwell.
8. Bully by Penelope Douglas.
9. Reclaiming the Sand by A. Meredith Walters.
10. Of Monsters and Madness by Jessica Verday.
11. Donna of the Dead by Alison Kemper.

The worst: This award goes to Janine Caldwell's Vortex series, Rematch & Double Fault. I seriously don't like these books, and I'm not going to be reading the final one. I'm just not invested in the ending.

My favorites: For sure, Bully takes the top. Oh my god, THIS BOOK. Guys, I can't even put into words how much I love it!!! I swear, this book gave me the worst hangover I've ever, EVER had. But I wouldn't change that for anything, and I can't wait to read Jared's story, Until You. I have it waiting on my Kindle for me. <3 <3 
I also really loved Best Kind of Broken and Addicted to You. I can't wait for more of both of these series! :)

***

Birthday Haul! 
I'd take an actual picture and upload it, but those never turn out okay! My family gave me the first two books, and Harlequin gave me a coupon for my birthday, so I used it to buy Cider Brook. I also got Thomas Rhett's CD! :)

I'm having to physically restrain myself from reading Maybe Someday. I have wayyyyy too many review books to read for May, and also I'm still trying to knock down my NG ones. So, I'm leaving it in my room when I head back to the dorms. Otherwise, I'll say Screw it! to all of those books and start it. I can't afford to do that right now.

***

April News!
Okay, so if you didn't see it yet, I posted a huge list of April releases! There are so many awesome books coming out this month. I'M PUMPED.

Tour Schedule:
  • April 4th: Dazed by Kim Karr. This was a sweet and sexy novella to tie everyone over until Mended releases. :)
  • April 12th: Breaking Alexandria by K.A. Robinson. This was my first KA book, and it won't be the last! Look for my review on this date. :)
  • Possibly: Fragile Line by Brooklyn Skye. I would love to get on this blog tour, but I have no clue yet if I am. I might not be, but I'm still waiting. 
Hopefully within the next few days I can finally start my book vs. movie post about Divergent! Also have a few more books to review. Gah, do you ever feel like not reviewing after you finish a book? Do you ever get writer's block when you're trying to put into words how you felt about a book? 

***

I'm thinking about only doing a recap of the month from now on. I don't ever really have any cool news to share, like above. I also want to do more posts instead of just reviews, blog tours/release day launches, and promo stuff. And once school's over, I plan on using the summer to makeover my blog. The design of it, especially. And I also want to better organize it. So, my question: 

What do you think of my blog? The colors, the design? Would you like to see more discussion posts or more reviews? 

I really do want some constructive criticism on how to make my blog better, and what better way to understand how my blog is perceived by others than to ask my followers? I appreciate all the help, guys! :)

And I think that's all I have to say for now. Hope y'all are having a fantastic weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know,I nominated you for the Liebster award
    http://myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already been nominated and accepted it, but thank you! :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3