Thursday, April 17, 2014

Search by Alyssa Rose Ivy RDL and Review



SEARCH Synopsis:
*New Adult Paranormal Romance*

Casey isn't human. The revelation should terrify her, but it doesn't. Instead it excites her. Too bad not everyone is as excited as she is.

Torn between two lives, the only one she's ever known and her life as a paranormal princess, Casey has to decide whether she can trust the man she loves.

Sometimes being a princess isn't all it's cracked up to be.








Buy Links:

***

My Review!

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Alyssa Rose Ivy's Pterons. I loved the first book in this series, and I was excited for more. But I liked this less than Soar, mainly because of the "love triangle" and the fact that there wasn't enough suspense and danger. 


Rating: 4 stars!

I don't know why I really disliked the romance in this book, but maybe because it was so strongly focused on in the beginning. Casey took a few steps back and had to think about the consequences of her choices. She spent so much time thinking about Jared and Toby, about how she regretted sleeping with Jared, and how she wanted a second chance with Toby. I was kind of disappointed a little bit. I was already biased going into this series because of my love for Jared. But it wasn't even just because of that; I was tired of the back and forth. I can understand it, because Casey's whole life has just turned upside down and she doesn't know how to deal with it. She made a mistake, and she wants to rectify it. I was still a little annoyed with the love triangle, probably because I was still a little weary of Toby as a "good" character and I didn't know who Casey really wanted until later on. But by the end of this novel, I was okay with her choice regarding the two boys. It made perfect sense for her and him.

The characters developed even further in this book; some going forward, some going backward. Casey was more bold and confident in herself and her life. Toby was so sweet, so caring; you could truly see that he loved Casey. Jared, though, was portrayed as a huge jerk. I kind of hated him for the things he said to Casey. But, he did grow as a character, one who is starting to see that shutting off his emotions isn't always the best and that he should let people in. There are so many different characters in these books! From Levi and Allie to Owen and Hailey, from Eric and Cade to Casey's grandmother and her father. I liked how they all played a part in this story.

The plot itself was a little dragging, and I felt it wasn't as suspenseful as it could have been. I never had this sense of urgency that something bad would happen until near the end (when everything bad happened!) and I never felt the danger. Throughout the book, Jared and Toby are both trying to figure things out and not talking to each other about their discoveries. There are still secrets, and the book ended on a FREAKING cliffhanger. Seriously horrible cliffhanger! 

Overall, I still really liked this book! I just didn't love it as much as the first. 



***

EXCERPT:
“Don’t take this the wrong way, but my place or yours?”
He got a twinkle in his eyes. “What way would I take that, Casey?”
I shut my eyes tight. I wasn’t supposed to get that shiver when he said my name. Not after what Nelly told me. Not after Jared. Not after finding out the truth. But I did. I reluctantly opened my eyes again.
“Let’s go with mine. It’s more spacious.” His eyes studied me, waiting for my reaction.
We had memories at his place. Recent memories I’d been trying to forget.
“All right.” I tore my eyes from his face. He’d gotten a far off look, and I knew he was thinking about the first kiss. The one that felt more like perfection than any other kiss before or since.
***
Alyssa Rose Ivy Bio:
Alyssa Rose Ivy is a New Adult and Young Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.

Links: