Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Release Week of Enchanter by Joanne Wadsworth

*I received an eARC of this from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you for the review copy, Joanne! I am loving this series so much, and I didn't want to wait until May 5th to read Enchanter. I loved Silvie's and Guy's story, and I can't wait to see where the rest of the series takes our characters. 

Rating: 4.5 stars!
One of my favorite things about this series is the author's characterization. Her MCs are strong, intelligent, likable heroines who will do anything to save the people they love and do anything to bring peace to the two kingdoms. Her heroes are always headstrong, protective, and willing do anything for the other half of their souls. I love how she makes me like all of the characters, and that they have such bold personalities. Each and every single one of them brings something to the story-line that has continued throughout all of the novels. I love it when they all work together, and I love how they all interact with each other. The author doesn't forget about her secondary characters when it's a different love story; she strengthens the bonds already between them. 

I think this may have been my favorite love story in this series. I loved Silvie! She's a fiery redhead who is fierce and loyal to the people she loves. In Enchanter, Silvie is called upon to help her best friend when Faith has a forewarning. And throughout the novel, Silvie puts them above her own needs. It's her unfailing loyalty that made her one of my favorite characters of this series. That, and her determination to do the right thing. I also loved Guy--Silvie's soul-bound mate. Guy has alpha tendencies (and sometimes can get overprotective and jealous) and a fierce loyalty to Dralion. But he can't stop his feelings from developing further the more time he spends with Silvie. And she needs his help to solve the twins' problem. Guy was determined, even more than Silvie, when it came to releasing each other from the bond. But no matter how much they wanted to stop it from claiming them, they both succumbed to the bond and all that it gave them. 

In most novels, I'd be screaming insta-love! But it never felt like that, in any of the three books. Yes, their relationships develop really fast, but it's believable. I love the idea that these people have soul-bonds and that they will be missing out on so much if they release each other. What makes it believable to me is that Silvie and Guy didn't just jump headfirst into a relationship. They were from different kingdoms, so they decided to release each other. But their bond was strong, and it was determined to make them realize what a huge mistake that was. The love that developed between them was like a simmering warmth, slow and sweet. 

The plot focused on the twins' problem and what Silvie and Guy can do to help. But everything connects and everything keeps coming back to one thing: can they ever bring the two worlds of Magio back together? It's a question that underlies the story-line and is the central focus of the series. And with the help of these characters and their soul-bonds with each other, they might just stand the chance of bringing peace to Magio once and for all.

I love how everything is building on each other, and I love how the circle of trust keeps growing and growing. I'm so hooked on this story, and I love the characters! And Enchanter may have just been my favorite of this series. ;)

4 comments:

  1. You're amazing, Holly. Love, love the review. The world of Magio-Earth will keep on growing. Must have a character named Holly, I think. In honor of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet, Joanne! Can't wait for more of this series. :)

      Delete
  2. I never ever heard of this but the cover definitely caught my eye. I have to Goodreads this series.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3