Tuesday, June 10, 2014

(1) TOP TEN Books I've Read So Far This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. And this is the first time I'm participating! This week's theme is the top ten books I've read SO FAR this year. So, without further ado, here they are. :)

***

Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

This was one of those books that'll stick with me for a long, long time. It's one of those books that involves the heart. It was heartbreaking, and beautiful, and emotional, and romantic. It just solidified how much I love the New Adult genre. I could easily connect with Kacey from personal experience, and I loved how the story was told. It was exquisite.

My Review!


The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

This book is one of many reasons why I love the fantasy genre! It was absolutely wonderful. I loved the characters, especially Lia, who was a strong heroine. And the boys! Oh, the boys! *sighs* This was one of my favorite love triangles. And I can't wait to see what happens in the sequel after that awful cliffhanger! :)



Bully by Penelope Douglas

This book was raw, gritty, and achingly passionate. I didn't think I'd ever fall for bad boy Jared as much as I did. His and Tate's love story was heartbreaking and romantic, filled with tears, hurt, pain, grief, longing, happiness, anger, joy. It was everything and so much more. This book utterly destroyed me. Worst book hangover I've ever had!

My Review!



Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor

One of my favorite fantasy trilogies! Actually, one of my favorite series EVER. Akiva's and Karou's love story was achingly romantic, so beautiful, and so full of hope and longing, need and want. I also loved the secondary characters: Zuzana, Mik, Liraz, Ziri, ect. This ending was epically brilliant.




Addicted to You by Krista and Becca Richie

This was one of my favorite books I've ever read about addictions. The two main characters were best friends who weren't exactly helping each other. By not facing their addictions and not making each other see how bad they were, they only made it worse. But their development was amazing to watch unfold, and so was their love story. I really need to read the rest of this series!

My Review!


Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine

I will forever read anything this woman writes! Chelsea Fine is one of my favorite authors, and this book was no exception to her talent. It was beautiful and heartbreaking. The two main characters' love story full of sexual tension, longing, desire, and real love. She sure knows how to write romance!



Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

This book is the conclusion to one of my favorite series EVER. I loved these characters' journey, their relationships with each other, the romance, the plot, the dystopian elements. This journey was incredible. Though, I DID NOT CRY ONCE!

My Review!





One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker

This book just solidified my love for K.A. Tucker and her standing as one of my favorite authors. It has unfavorable aspects like cheating, but I was able to look past all of that to the characters and story underneath. Ashton and Livie were two characters who gave themselves unbearable expectations and who hid their real selves away from people. The emotions were INTENSE and I loved the journey.



Wind Chime Café by Sophie Moss

A stunning novel about finding the courage to face your fears, the strength it takes to push through your struggles, and the healing powers of love. The sensitive subject of PTSD was written with such care and attention that I found myself absolutely loving the journeys of the three main characters: Annie, Will, and of course, Taylor. I love this author's writing, and I can't wait for the second book! <3



Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

This book was simply AMAZING! A truly wonderful novel about courage, sacrifice, the horrors of war, and the unbreakable bond between two friends. I loved how it was written, and I loved how it was told through the eyes of both girls. It was utterly heart-wrenching, though. It broke my heart, especially with that ending.

No review yet, as I've just finished this one!





Honorable mentions: Shatter MeSome Quiet Place, The Iron Knight.

***

There you have it, my top ten books I've read so far this year! Which ones are on YOUR list? Leave me a link to your TTT, so I can check it out! :)

24 comments:

  1. Such a great list!! The Ten Tiny Breaths series is my favorite. Five Ways to Fall is amazing!! :) I have Addicted to You as well and I hope to get to it soon. I've heard it's really good. Great list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to read the rest of K.A. Tucker's series and especially Five Ways to Fall! :)

      Delete
  2. Great list, there are a number of things I have been meaning to read on here. Seeing them in a top ten just makes me want to pick them up more.
    http://wp.me/p3ftwe-sU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you'll be able to read them soon. :)

      Delete
  3. Ten Tiny Breaths is definitely one I'm looking forward to, as well as Into the Still Blue and Dreams of Gods and Monsters. They're all on my TBR...

    My TTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-in-2014/

    R x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those three books. Three of my favorites this year. I hope you get the chance to read them soon. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. You have some interesting books on your list, especially Addicted To You :)

    My TT https://gorgeousbooks.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/top-ten-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. You're piqued my interest on Ten Tiny Breaths! I don't think of read anything in the New Adult genre yet. AND YES TO CODE NAME VERITY. That book brought me to tears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the New Adult genre is one of my FAVORITES. If you do pick it up, I hope you enjoy it! Also, that book seriously broke my heart! But it was just so damn good. <3

      Delete
  6. Into the Blue is a great conclusion! I haven't read any of the other books, though. However, I do have Ten Tiny Breaths and Code Name Verity. I was going to say that I had Best Kind of Broken as well, but apparently I don't. That will have to change soon, though, because that book looks like a really good NA.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kaitlin, Best Kind of Broken is still only 99 cents on Amazon!! Also, you MUST READ Ten Tiny Breaths! It is phenomenal. :)

      Delete
  7. I really need to read CODE NAME VERITY! Also, DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT and the entire UNDER THE NEVER SKY series. Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you'll be able to read them soon! :)

      Delete
  8. I've been wanting to check out the K.A. Tuckers books. Maybe soon. I just got Best Kind of Broken today for .99 cents! Score! Great picks!
    Jazmen@ThisGirlReadsAlot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you enjoy BKoB!!! :) Also, you MUST check out K.A. Tucker soon. She's amazing!

      Delete
  9. I loved the way that ITSB ended! & I'm about to start Daughter of Smoke & Bone soon. I've heard such great things about the series, I can't wait to start it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DoSB series is one of the best I've ever read. Pure fantasy at its best. I hope you enjoy it!! :)

      Delete
  10. The only book I've read in here is Into the Still Blue, but I have Ten Tiny Breaths and Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my shelf and I am still waiting for the right time to start a new series. I am excited for Kiss of Deception! You're so lucky to be able to read that in advance :)


    Ella @ The Filipina Booknote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you must start both of those series soon!! I know, I was so happy that I got an eARC of TKoD. :)

      Delete
  11. Oh wow...you've got some really great books on your list. Ten Tiny Breaths and Code Name Verity...One Tiny Lie, Into the Still Blue...all good. Dreams of Gods and Monsters and The Kiss of Deception are both on my TBR list. I hope to get around to those soon. Great list!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog!! :)

      Delete
  12. I agree that Into the Still Blue was a good one. I need to read the Days of Blood and Starlight soon so that I can read the Dreams of Gods and Monsters! Great list! Thanks for visiting my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must finish the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. It's amazing! Thanks for commenting back!

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3