Tuesday, June 24, 2014

(3) TOP TEN Favorite Cover Dresses of 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is the Top Ten Book Cover Trends I Like/Dislike.


I wasn't sure I would do this one, because I don't pay attention to cover trends. And I don't really find discussing that topic interesting. I'm more of a "oh, that's so pretty!" or "oh...I hate that" person when it comes to covers. So I decided to just go with my favorite cover trend: the beautiful, gorgeous, sometimes whimsical dresses that always manage to catch my eye. As long as they don't look like another too much. I'm a reader who judges a book by its cover all the time. This is going to sound bad, but seriously, if your cover does not capture my eye, I will not even pick it up. 


I went back and forth about this and decided to just stick with my favorite cover dresses from 2014 instead of past years. If I broadened that range, there would be a lot more to choose from and I'd end up not being able to narrow down the list. :) These aren't in any particular order!

1
All of these cover dresses in this series are gorgeous!

2
This was my favorite cover out of the series.

3
I'm very torn between this one and A Darkness Strange and Lovely. They tie for most beautiful in this series.

4
Not a huge fan of sequins/sparkly, but I love the color!

5
Also, not a huge fan of pink. But I love this dress!

6
Again, it's pink but I don't care. Also, I love Sweet Evil's dress just as much, if not more than this one.

7
You can't see the whole dress, but I love this color!

8
This almost doesn't even look like a dress, more like a hell of a lot of black fabric bunched together. Haha, sometimes I wonder if it is a dress.

9
I love red, so this may just be my favorite out of this list. :)

10
It's almost whimsical, and it's simple but I love it.

It's funny that I love covers with dresses, because I've always hated wearing them. This a trend that is probably never gonna go away, and I'm okay with that. I'm a sucker for beautiful covers. :)

***

What are YOUR favorite cover trends? Leave me a link to your TTT so I can check out your list! :)

***

Oh, and I also have a giveaway going on for a signed copy of My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal. To enter, click here

4 comments:

  1. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with dresses on covers. Sometimes I think they look incredibly appealing, but they're becoming so common now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite common now, but I think most of them are different from each other that they stand out.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG these are incredibly beautiful, all the books in The Selection Trilogy are stunning but the One is the prettiest. These are really great choices. :)
    Here's my TTT:
    http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/06/3-top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-things-i.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I just love the pretty dresses! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3