Tuesday, July 22, 2014

(7) Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

For this week's theme, just look up. (I don't feel like saying it again). :P

***

Without further ado!

He's my number one fictional boyfriend! There was no way I wasn't going to add him to this list. ;) Plus, he's a brilliant archer and knows how to cook (pancakes at least, though I don't know how that'll help us).

Because he's Jem, and I love Jem. I would probably never get tired of talking to him. <3

3. Kacey Cleary (Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker). 
Because of her sarcasm, dirty humor, and I-do-as-I-please attitude. She can be my best friend.

Because she's badass. Not many people can survive an angel apocalypse and still be snarky about it. She's a great fighter, which will probably come in handy.

Because he's fucking hilarious. Like, seriously, I could listen to him all day. And he'll lighten up the tense situations. Also, middle children FTW. :)

6. Grimalkin (The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa). 
Because he's a talking cat. And he knows everything. Plus, I can cuddle with the furball (if he feels up to it, that is--you know how cats are).

7. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter). 
Do I even need to give you a reason? She's intelligent, all-knowing, and can throw one hell of a good punch. Plus, she's just plain awesome!

8. Cian Mac Cionaoith (Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts).
Because he might have actually been my first book boyfriend. Ever! He's a vampire with a pure heart and mad skills. I would want him in my corner if trouble showed up.

9. Gabriel Merrick (Elemental by Brigid Kemmerer).
Because he can control fire. And we'll need that, right? Cause I'm assuming we'll be on this island without any outside help or supplies. I must be prepared for everything. I definitely don't want him for anything other than his fire skill

10 + 1. Akiva and Karou (Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor).
Because I love them both so much. And they're a package deal. I mean, you wouldn't want me to separate them, would you? Actually, can I just have everyone from this series? :P

***

I so enjoyed this topic! It was hard to pick a top ten from all the characters I've loved throughout the years, but I'm happy with my list. They are a mix of contemporary, fantasy, and paranormal characters, and I love them all. Ha, my choices *probably* won't keep me alive for long, but I found myself not caring to be that smart with this list. I do think I picked my own well-rounded Gilligan's Island cast though! If anything, we'll have a lot of fun!

So, which characters would you want with you on a deserted island? Leave me a link to your TTT so I can drop by! :)

10 comments:

  1. Lots of characters I don't know, looks like I have some books to add to my TBR list.

    Hermoine made my list too - I hope she brings her awesome enchanted purse with all the essentials!


    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do add some of these to your list. And that enchanted purse of hers would save us all! :)

      Delete
  2. I have Hermione on my list, too, and Jace from the Mortal Instruments. Jem would definitely be a good person to have on your side, and I think he'd be particularly good at keeping the group together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jace is not my favorite, but he's a badass fighter so he could keep everyone alive. And oh, Jem. I love him, and you're right. He'd be a great peace-keeper who holds the group together. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Ah, I almost went with Penryn! Great list, it's okay if you don't make it long as long as you're having fun ;)

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, who cares about survival? As long as we all have each other. ;)

      Delete
  4. I'll forgive you for choosing Jem over Will. But Jem would definitely be useful. Love Kacey. Still need to read Susan Ee's series. Daniel would hilarious. I should have picked Hermione. And I've GOT to start Dreams of Gods and Monsters. Great picks and thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad! You can have Will, and I can have Jem. It's perfect! :P Oh, and you MUST read Susan Ee's series! It's so freaking good, and intense. And finish the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. The ending is wonderful! :)

      Delete
  5. The only character I know in your list is Hermione. I think this means I should read more books out there :D Also, she's in my list too!
    my top ten tues: http://wp.me/p3v5T1-tO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should read all of these books! :P And Hermione should be on everyone's list.

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3